Other Alternatives To Learning ASL

Taylor

Reaction score
I've recently found myself in a predicament and wanted to throw it out here. I've had some folks on-line (via webcam) that have been teaching me signs here and there. I've been doing that while waiting for registration at our local community college to come around. I recently spoke with a counselor at the college and my work schedule presents a real problem for me taking classes there.

At the police department, we have a rotating schedule. I will work for a 'rotation' that is on day work. I'm then off for a few days and then the next rotation will be midnights. I'm then off for a few days and then come back for evenings.

The college has both day and evening classes, however my work schedule would interfere with both of them. Basically, I would be missing about every 3rd or 4th class. I had been hoping to sign up for evenings and then take the day class when my work rotation would prevent me from going to evenings. These classes move at different paces, so it wouldn't work.

Basically I'm at a loss. I think missing so much time would be far behind and I would quickly find myself so far out that I couldn't catch up.

I'm looking for some suggest alternatives that would be schedule friendly.
Do you folks have any ideas/suggestions?

Back