Orphan cat

stefan2832

Reaction score
cats12.jpg

Feeding time every 3 hours!:shock:

Not much sleep tonight:roll:

A kid from down the road arrived with it today. My wife is well know as a cat woman:lol: We hope he survives. He was abondened by his mother which is not a good sign. The mothers seem to know when there is a problem.
Well, we will look after him and hope for the best!

Aww Hope this kitty will survive with your great helpful. Id love to meet your wife since she's a kitty mama. =)

I bottle fed a puppy who was abandoned from 2 weeks and she survived and grew up to be a good guard dog.

She was German Shepard/Border Collie.

awwwwwwww! what a tiny kitty! I hope he will do well! Got name for the kitty?

let your wife decide to name this kitty! your kitty reminds me of my old kitty named DUSTY. does this kitty look like tabby? unlike red or ornage tabby?

Could be something might have "happened" to the mother?...But anyhow, bless ur heart for taking the kitty in and helping it to survive.

Someone threw a small kitten into my back yard a few weeks ago, it was hiding under the storage shed and my little doggie kept barking at it. We took it to the no kill animal shelter, it was all black and the cutest little thing!

Could be something might have "happened" to the mother?...But anyhow, bless ur heart for taking the kitty in and helping it to survive.

Someone threw a small kitten into my back yard a few weeks ago, it was hiding under the storage shed and my little doggie kept barking at it. We took it to the no kill animal shelter, it was all black and the cutest little thing!

I should of said "the mother rejected him". She had 5 or 6 kittens but for some reason she will not feed this one. We rescue + home cats so I have often seen this before. Often there is something wrong with the kitten so the mother saves her milk for the other kittens. It seems cruel but thats the way nature works. At the moment he is full of life + feeding well so we will see how it goes. The wife has named him Sooty!:aw:

Sad news I'm sorry to say.
Poor little Sooty did not make it. He was in great form for two days but, we woke up on the third day to find Sooty could not get out of his bed. Something wrong with his back legs not supporting him. The vet took him in yesterday but he quickly got worse with pralysis affecting his whole body.
In the end the kindest thing to do was to put him to sleep. Valerie is pretty upset about the poor little fella but all I can tell her is that at least she gave him lots of love and affection for his last few days. And if it was not for her he would of died alone and in pain in some field.
She spends a lot of time rescuing cats but, you just can't save them all.

:hug: I am so sorry. :( I know Sooty knew that He got plenty of loves from you guys. He knew when its time for him to sleep peacefully in a nice condition. Iam sad too.

:hug: I am so sorry. :( I know Sooty knew that He got plenty of loves from you guys. He knew when its time for him to sleep peacefully in a nice condition. Iam sad too.

Thanks FF. It's a pity, he would of grown up with a great temperament. You can tell even at that age.
The house is bedlam here at the moment. We have 10 cats in the house!
We have a converted shed for them out back until they can be homed but it's to cold here at the moment to leave them outside!

Glad to hear Sooty had few days of loving care before he passed. Amazing how his mother knew something was wrong with him so she rejected him.

You must put up a pic of your cats on this forum someday!

I am so sorry to hear about Sooty, at least he had a wonderful loving family who look after him with a lot of love and care. So he was very lucky kitten to spend his last moment of life with your family Stefan2832.

Sad news I'm sorry to say.
Poor little Sooty did not make it. He was in great form for two days but, we woke up on the third day to find Sooty could not get out of his bed. Something wrong with his back legs not supporting him. The vet took him in yesterday but he quickly got worse with pralysis affecting his whole body.
In the end the kindest thing to do was to put him to sleep. Valerie is pretty upset about the poor little fella but all I can tell her is that at least she gave him lots of love and affection for his last few days. And if it was not for her he would of died alone and in pain in some field.
She spends a lot of time rescuing cats but, you just can't save them all.

Aw, that so sad :cry:

Back