Order Food at Drive Thru Windows

Blackpaws76

Reaction score
Do you ever wish that you could order at drive thru windows at any fast food places like McDonalds, Wendy's, Taco Bell, Burger Kings, and etc....

I would love to see that fast foods will start to offer the touch screen ordering for deaf and hoh people!! Are we getting tired to get out of cars and go inside to order then bring food back to the car?? I feel not right because hearing people do ordering all the time at drive thru while we can not do that!!! Stupid??

Something happened in Neb. suing McDonald's for not letting that person ordering food at Drive Thru window. OUCH!

check this out!
McDonald's -- chicagotribune.com

Hi. Actually, sometimes I go to the drivethru without my HAs. And I have a severe hearing loss!! :giggle: Anyway, What I do is go to the window where you have to pay and I order there. I am a very good lip reader and use body language to make up for what I don't catch! It would be so nice to have the touch screen, though.

I always have paper and pen ready...write it down what you wanted then drive up to the drive thru window...hand her/him the paper that I wrote...it worked fine with me. :)

One time one guy won't take my order and went see his manager and got free meal.

Do you ever wish that you could order at drive thru windows at any fast food places like McDonalds, Wendy's, Taco Bell, Burger Kings, and etc....

I would love to see that fast foods will start to offer the touch screen ordering for deaf and hoh people!! Are we getting tired to get out of cars and go inside to order then bring food back to the car?? I feel not right because hearing people do ordering all the time at drive thru while we can not do that!!! Stupid??

Something happened in Neb. suing McDonald's for not letting that person ordering food at Drive Thru window. OUCH!

check this out!
McDonald's -- chicagotribune.com

there's McDonald down the street that does only window-ordering

I am HOH and on occasion I do order through Drive-Thru from McDonalds. In the future, if my hearing loss dropped, then I would of complaint to McDonalds needing to have a touch screen machine like the one they have at Sheetz gas station somewhere in PA. But the Sheetz has it inside so of course you have to walk inside. I preferred it to be placed outside within Drive-Thru and where no rain can damage it.

I sometimes go through drive-thru and stop at the window and order. The last time I went through, I asked if the attendant got my order, to which he said he didn't hear it. :naughty: Other times, I just order at the window and not say anything except my order.

More and more places around here have a screen that shows what you ordered so I get a chance to double-check that they heard me right. But I have no clue about whether they're asking if I want mustard or salt or etc and I usually end up driving to the window to complete the order anyway. And for those places that don't have that screen that I can read back my order, I just simply drive up to the window and tell them I'm deaf. I've gotten lucky they've always taken my order without a problem.

This is great idea. I always loathe to go to Sonic restaurant where they only have intercom. I have no way of communicating with operator.

Now I gonna add sonic to my list with this website and annoy them until they install one.

I have no problem with this because.......I have no fast food restaurants in my town! :lol:

I just called sonic and spoke with them. They saw the website and realized the need of service assistant. Let see if Sonic react to what Culver doing.

I dont have a problems by driving through drive thru to order the foods. Yea, im strongly HOH. I able to speak fluent english through speaker. So far, i dont have any problems with it. Yayness.

Im lucky enough to live in this strong deaf community where they (restaurants/fast foods places) aware of deafies and im not that worry :]

I never go to drive thru window to order a food yet. I always go inside and write a paper with pen to order what I want. I know it's not fair to deaf and hoh. I read the link of deaf woman sued to McDonald's for not let her order from drive thru windows. It's stupid! I like to use a touchscreen to order what I want. That's good idea! My deaf and hoh friends ordered a food at drive thru windows because they can speak very well. Some cashier and other employee do not treat to deaf and hoh very well. It's very frustrate! They are so stupid!

I just drive up to the window. I've never had problems since.

If there's a long line, they will usually tell me to pull up and they will bring the food out since I am 1 or 2 cars out of turn.

Lately, they've been adding second and third windows to some places for face-to-face orders. I like those. :)

Just grab your pen and paper then write it and give to them, you will get order.

I'm hardly eat at fast food, included with Culver's.

McDonald's---sometimes they get my orders mixed up but it's my fault, not theirs because I have trouble saying hot tea. They often think I want an Iced Tea. So they switch the drinks when I let them know. Rest of the orders go through just fine.

Just grab your pen and paper then write it and give to them, you will get order.

I'm hardly eat at fast food, included with Culver's.

I have eat at Culver's and I notice there have more health sandwich than burger.

Yah, it can be a real bitch. But what I've noticed lately, is that the drive-thru lineup is miles long, but if I go in, I'm the only one at the counter... I'm in and out while others are still waiting and waiting and waiting. I like those suggestions about going directly to the window... I'll try that next time there's no lineup.

Back