"Orange Alligator" Spotted Near Sarasota

rockin'robin

Reaction score
FWC Investigates Alligator's Coloring

VENICE, Fla. -- Wildlife officials are working to find out what caused the rusty-orange coloring of an alligator spotted in Sarasota County.

The alligator was found sunning itself in a lake near Venice. Sylvia Mythen took pictures of the orange gator in her neighborhood.

Video: Orange Alligator Makes Splash

A wildlife trapper said he believes the gator could be albino or possibly changed color because of something in the environment.

The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission is taking photos of the gator to an expert in the hope of getting to the bottom of the mystery.

Orange Alligator Spotted Near Sarasota - Jacksonville News Story - WJXT Jacksonville

oh he's just mud-bathing.

Could be dried clay mud on his skin??? (but then again I am not sure if there is clay dirt in Florida where this gator resides)

Am wondering if somebody did actually "dye" this alligator orange?...Dunno if that's possible tho'.

Wow..

Maybe that orange alligator is an Alien... j/k :lol:

OK, I thought so. :ty: for the prompt reply, Botti...

I support Anti-bullying in schools. This has to stop!!!

Agreed. We just had a shooting of two principals, one died. And a boy was arrested at a high school here yesterday for having a gun.

Luckily no one here was hurt.

I'm thinking something in the environment caused it, or, this alligator is a mutant of some kind. I also think, perhaps, that it could be a subspecies of an albino, maybe? :dunno:

I was wondering if it could be an albino eating some food that caused it to color like that?

Like flamingos.

I was wondering if it could be an albino eating some food that caused it to color like that?

Like flamingos.

That could be.... I guess we'll have to wait for a follow up story to see if there's any real theories floating around.

Agreed. We just had a shooting of two principals, one died. And a boy was arrested at a high school here yesterday for having a gun.

Luckily no one here was hurt.

That's terrible!
Thank goodness, no one was hurt there.

Same here.
Here is the link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death-of-Phoebe-Prince

It's really so sad but I am glad it is getting stricter anti-bullying legislation by the Massachusetts state legislature.

Back