Oprah will talk about puppy mills tomorrow

here is a picture of katie

Katie and my son

Attachments

• Katie and Rick.jpg
    Katie and Rick.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 8
my son adopted an adorable beagle puppy, they plan to put her sleep within few days because she has no white line on her face to nose. she has full color of brown all over her face. Ugh.. so what... she is very brilliant and affectionate dog. She always lay on my chest while I use the laptop to relax in my bed. Thanks God, we found her a good home who love her.
Eh? No white line? What's so special about that?

Eh? No white line? What's so special about that?

beagle.jpg

see my son and katie picture, number # 21she has full brown all over face. No one interested to adopt her because of her looking. Ugh... So what... color is not important...

Me too, I was cried when I saw that oprah show. There were over population dogs and cats because the owner did not do their neture or sprayed due to expensive. I saw they put leather belt around on dog face and put chemical shot to make them sleep. Oh dear, it breaks my heart. I came home from work, I grabbed to hug my puppy Katie (begale). She slept with me all the night, made me feel better. I cant imagine, they put her sleep. I am so glad that my son adopted her few days before they put her sleep

Yes, i know the feeling! I just hope there is a place like dog/cat
heaven for them....it is soo sad. I did the same thing with my dog,
and telling him how lucky he is that he has a good home and loving
owners like us! He looked at me like he understood..by licking my face
which he very rarely does..i was shocked..
Oprah said she is a changed woman after listening to these people
describing how bad these puppy mills and all...she has dogs of her
own but she was being biased by buying them as purebred at some
high priced whereever..she said the next time she wants another dog,
she will go to animal shelters cuz they do have some purebred dogs/
cats there too needing homes. Good for her!!

beagle.jpg

see my son and katie picture, number # 21she has full brown all over face. No one interested to adopt her because of her looking. Ugh... So what... color is not important...
I never thought that having a white line really mattered? Weird.

Even I would adopt a dog like that if I could.

What rankles me about AKC and people doing "breeding" business for profit, they dont care about the breed only the money.

I also dont like families doing this either but I see this all of the time. I know a family who owned goldens and the bitch wasn't a great example of what a golden was supposed to be as she didnt have the great bone structure goldens are supposed to have but a nice personality. Ive seen so much goldens that shown the breed standard however she had AKC papers....I wasn't in a postition to insult my friend for the stupidity of her family. So I kept it to myself.

I think AKC should conform to show quality dogs or prospective dogs that shows the greatness of a breed that it is bred for such as hunting and so on ought be permitted to breed while puppies who show not a great trait for the breed should have its papers removed and have manadtory spay/netuer cause before adopting it out. I know too many families that have their family dog be breed but know NOTHING about its breed standard. How many families I know that knows a difference between an English Lab and an American Lab?

None. And its a laugh as theres huge differences between two types of labs. Go read Marley and Me, you would get it.

Puppy Mill operations are not the ONLY ones that does this type of things... you gotta look at the family next door too.

Kai Onca the LAb type debate is one that has been rung out for years in the Hunt Test circles. Which is a better field dog - the American lab or the English lab?

I personally see it this way - you need to get the one that best suits your family, living situations, and hunting style.

The American labs tend to be firebreathers, very large and muscular (one lady even referred to my old Lab Narcan a racehorse of a Lab.) Field dogs are generally not bred to conformation type but rather for hunting instincts and trainability and ability to do field work. Alot of this is evaluated during the dog's first year of life. The ones that don't mark well or can't handle the training are termed 'washouts' and they are usually spayed/nuetered and sold as pets to family homes. Ive yet to hear of a trainer/owner in the hunt test circles put down a dog simply because they won't measure up. This tells me that these folks care a great deal about their dogs and only want the best for them even if it means giving them up.

The English lab tends to be more compact in stature and more laid back although it tends to have the natural instinct to retrieve to hand whereas the American labs wont. It's a long battle. The only way for me to find out is this: I need to own and raise a lab of English stock. Ive already owned several American labs - I know their personality.

As for the beagle - OMG thats ludicrous! I actually like the face of your son's beagle - reminds me of a field dog my neighbor once had. It was a mutt but it was damn fine bird hunter!

Also be careful of who you rehome your pets to - not every person is going to give your dog a loving home - google up Dealing Dogs. I have watched the HBO documentary and it is very heartbreaking!

Kai Onca the LAb type debate is one that has been rung out for years in the Hunt Test circles. Which is a better field dog - the American lab or the English lab?

I personally see it this way - you need to get the one that best suits your family, living situations, and hunting style.

The American labs tend to be firebreathers, very large and muscular (one lady even referred to my old Lab Narcan a racehorse of a Lab.) Field dogs are generally not bred to conformation type but rather for hunting instincts and trainability and ability to do field work. Alot of this is evaluated during the dog's first year of life. The ones that don't mark well or can't handle the training are termed 'washouts' and they are usually spayed/nuetered and sold as pets to family homes. Ive yet to hear of a trainer/owner in the hunt test circles put down a dog simply because they won't measure up. This tells me that these folks care a great deal about their dogs and only want the best for them even if it means giving them up.

The English lab tends to be more compact in stature and more laid back although it tends to have the natural instinct to retrieve to hand whereas the American labs wont. It's a long battle. The only way for me to find out is this: I need to own and raise a lab of English stock. Ive already owned several American labs - I know their personality.

EXACTALLY! TRUE breeders who cares about the breed will guarantee lifetime policy (meaning if you can't take care of it later on they'll take it back) and ensure the breed is a great specimen, for what trait/Characterstics are desired.

Yet there are many backyard breeders/ingorant families out there that just breed just for the sake of money/akc papers.

I've had labs myself also Dixie so know what you're talking about as many people would just look at me and say they just come in 3 common colors (roll eyes) 2 of my current dogs are crossed with labs and they do have dominiant lab looks/personalities.

Cheers

Back