Opinions on sign language course please

Hi, I was wondering if anybody has an opinion on this method of learning ASL. They claim you can learn in 5 minutes but I seriously have my doubts
You can learn something in five minutes, but there's no way you can learn the whole language in 5-minutes. A minimum of 2-years of intensive study and interaction with native signers is pretty much the only way you're going to become fluent. There are no shortcuts.

That is why the series is called "Signing Naturally." The natural way to learn any language is not one vocab word at a time. Signing Naturally is as close to immersion as one can get with a video.
Except that the Signing Naturally series is not intended for self-instruction. It's designed to be used in a classroom setting with an instructor.

Hi, I have "Signing Time" dvd set the best system I found so far it is really easy and fun, my kids love it, the bad thing is that is really expensive, I have the series one and two and the set for babies, total like 32 dvds plus cds, I have an extra set that I don't need so if you are interested just email me for details, thanks

Wow... selling all of it!? I too am looking for self instruction for myself and my mom to learn together. I am also doing this online ASL university... anyone heard or seen his work? • ASL • American Sign Language Any opinions? I know you can take it for credits or on your own. As a single mom I know I can't buy the lot but I will keep my eyes out and look into the local resources to see if I can pick some up second hand maybe!

Hi, I have "Signing Time" dvd set the best system I found so far it is really easy and fun, my kids love it, the bad thing is that is really expensive, I have the series one and two and the set for babies, total like 32 dvds plus cds, I have an extra set that I don't need so if you are interested just email me for details, thanks

Should have quoted this in the previous :Oops: We have several signing time videos and the associated stuff for my daughter who has ASD to learn augmented communication that has helped me brush up my signs I learned as a kid and to teach my mom some beginner signs. I am still way way behind being even basic communicative. We also have the baby Einstein signing one. playing right now btw...........:hmm:

I believe you I want to more interest about to more learn motivating sound I am surprised wow you are good job. I learn how improve skills also great. I do it learn how interest about to sound great hear about. Nice for you help people, I am happy with you help teach people more happy :D

its impossible to learn any language in 5 minutes. K-12 and in college we are still learning english, so no I wouldn't trust it at all.

Back