Opinion on my kitchen remodel

love-shaker-style-kitchens-our-essential-guide-is-packed-full-of.jpg

Do you mean like this? I like this kitchen a lot .

I'm so not a fan of that blue at all, sorry

So what do you think of the design if done in a different color?

So what do you think of the design if done in a different color?

I wouldn't mind the design. I like the dark colors I have in my house so if it were that color, I could go with that. But I like my new kitchen just fine as it is! :)

Angel- good luck with the remodel! That's a big project but bet you will be glad to have it finally completed after 4 years! AC- looks like you have a very spacious kitchen- love the open feeling. We tried to get that in this new house. Also love the pic.'s of your kitchen, Reba!
Though- white wouldn't work for us with two mostly-black, double-coated dogs.:lol:

we have new appliances since we un-expectedly had to buy them all when we moved here- previous owners took all of the appliances, including washer and dryer. The first week here we had the dog's freezers <though the dogs were staying with another Rottie-savvy friend who is a breeder> and also we had small cooler.
Oh- we had a the microwave we bought the day before we actually did move in.
We had left the old microwave at the other house because to try to make it more sell-able, we'd listed the microwave <and those other appliances> in the inclusions for the buyer.

So the first week we did a lot of microwave stuff and went out to eat.

someday I'd like to have granite countertops. Our kitchen is light cream with blue highlights and this "Country French" accent thing with the strip of blue wallpaper along the tops of the walls at the ceiling, and blue curtains. The wallpaper part shows scenes of sunflowers and pies and flowers- kitchen-related scenes.

Our gas oven is stainless steel...black stove. Fridge and microwave are white. We based the criteria for the appliances on the Consumer Reports recommendations and also on price and what was available when we were looking. So it's not so coordinated but still works out - the white appliances are all grouped together and a black toaster oven ended up next to the black stove.

we have wood laminate floor, I think. Floor, cabinets, wooden banister and trim going up to loft, kitchen table and chairs are all light oak-colored. I'm not sure if I'd like it darker or not but with the blue theme it probably wouldn't go as nicely.

whatdidyousay! I do like that picture of the blue and cream Shaker kitchen, but am not personally sure about that style for myself. I can see what you like it though.

Didn't they die out due to their views on reproduction?

Few around can buy there stuff and I think since their furniture is worth few bob some shakers turned up again God forbid because lot money involved..as they don't breed these must be born again.
I do like simplicity

If you tile what's left of the backsplash then tile it will a color that is close to the color of the granite or it will look like an afterthought or a mistake. I've been in many kitchens and worked on many where the owner had a granite backsplash go up 4,6 or 8" and then put a subway tile or just standard tile in a totally different color and it just looks like an afterthought. IMO the way to do it is take the granite backsplash off and tile the backsplash from the countertop to the bottom of the cabinets so it looks like it was planned.
That's how we did the backsplash for our neighbor. We had granite for the counter top, and the whole wall space from the counter to the cabinets was tiled backsplash. We took a sample of the granite to the store and found a mosaic that included a tile that looked just like the granite counter.

This:

Attachments

• DSC_0314.jpg
    DSC_0314.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 9
Angel- good luck with the remodel! That's a big project but bet you will be glad to have it finally completed after 4 years! AC- looks like you have a very spacious kitchen- love the open feeling. We tried to get that in this new house. Also love the pic.'s of your kitchen, Reba!
Though- white wouldn't work for us with two mostly-black, double-coated dogs.:lol:

we have new appliances since we un-expectedly had to buy them all when we moved here- previous owners took all of the appliances, including washer and dryer. The first week here we had the dog's freezers <though the dogs were staying with another Rottie-savvy friend who is a breeder> and also we had small cooler.
Oh- we had a the microwave we bought the day before we actually did move in.
We had left the old microwave at the other house because to try to make it more sell-able, we'd listed the microwave <and those other appliances> in the inclusions for the buyer.

So the first week we did a lot of microwave stuff and went out to eat.

someday I'd like to have granite countertops. Our kitchen is light cream with blue highlights and this "Country French" accent thing with the strip of blue wallpaper along the tops of the walls at the ceiling, and blue curtains. The wallpaper part shows scenes of sunflowers and pies and flowers- kitchen-related scenes.

Our gas oven is stainless steel...black stove. Fridge and microwave are white. We based the criteria for the appliances on the Consumer Reports recommendations and also on price and what was available when we were looking. So it's not so coordinated but still works out - the white appliances are all grouped together and a black toaster oven ended up next to the black stove.

we have wood laminate floor, I think. Floor, cabinets, wooden banister and trim going up to loft, kitchen table and chairs are all light oak-colored. I'm not sure if I'd like it darker or not but with the blue theme it probably wouldn't go as nicely.

whatdidyousay! I do like that picture of the blue and cream Shaker kitchen, but am not personally sure about that style for myself. I can see what you like it though.

Black and white look good together . :giggle: I have a very small kitchen
I like the one I posted b/c is so big .

Last edited:
I like a change not afford it so I going just bring best out of wood,do you have IKEA swedidish firm over most of Euripo.

We do have IKEA here. There's only a few of them though. And lucky me, one is only 45 minutes away. They have some cool designs. (and others not so cool, depending on your taste.)

I like a change not afford it so I going just bring best out of wood,do you have IKEA swedidish firm over most of Euripo.
Yes, we have IKEA in the States. My daughter and son-in-law bought a lot of furniture from there.

Last edited:
when we were looking at houses one of them had a lot of IKEA stuff in it.

whatdidyousay! yeah I guess that household color scheme can look good together
my sister-in-law and her partner built their rural home on land purchased from sister's parents. The parents had several acres. They were so lucky they were able to build it from the beginning and so have choices to pick out everything. Would you ever liked to build a home or have someone build for you from new?

The kitchen in the house we moved from was very small. It <barely> fit two adults and one Rottweiler. At one time we had three dogs and we also on occasion dog-sat someone's Corgi and her elderly Rottie. This person has been a co-breeder of some of our dogs and has the a brother of my youngest Rottie; she travels and competes a lot and so when we both lived closer to each other, sometimes when she was traveling, we'd watch the Corgi who wasn't competing, and her oldest Rott, another female.

That old kitchen also had tile flooring with the blue, dimply designs on it and it was very hard to clean- the patterns on the floor picked up and held dirt and dog hair.

Back