Ontario, Canada

Angel_Realm

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I will be spending a year in Ontario, Canada on Internation Exchange Program between the 2 universities. I will be attending University of Waterloo. I am just wondering about the Deaf Community, Deaf Society and Service available to deaf people. I would like to meet new people and practise my ASL.
Thanks
Racheal

Angel_Realm said:
Hi guys,
I will be spending a year in Ontario, Canada on Internation Exchange Program between the 2 universities. I will be attending University of Waterloo. I am just wondering about the Deaf Community, Deaf Society and Service available to deaf people. I would like to meet new people and practise my ASL.
Thanks
Racheal

Angel Realm,

I live in St Thomas, Ontairo.. 1 hour away from Waterloo..

You can contact w/Cookie Monster. She prevouis lived in Kitchener closer to waterloo knowledge wherebouts Deaf Events, Social, and Community too.

Sometimes, I visiting in kitchener and seeing my friend and also includes Deaf Events too.

Good Luck for you.. :thumb:

:welcome: Welcome to Ontario, Canada!

Enjoy the fruits of K-W (Kitchener-Waterloo) and if you are now in K-W, you'll enjoy the Oktoberfest festivities which starts now. The Oktoberfest festivities are so popular with UofW (University of Waterloo) and WLU (Wilfrid Laurier University) universities as well with colleges in the area.

K-W Oktoberfest

The local K-W Deaf social club gets together monthly however they do have their bi-monthly social events as well. Be sure to check the website for updated info.

There is a lot of Deaf people within the K-W community and be sure to also contact the Canadian Hearing Society - Waterloo office as CHS does have information and they do host community events to encourage interaction within deaf & hearing. You can ask to be put on their mailing database so you can be updated of new events.

PM me if you need more information as I'll be going home this week for Canadian Thanksgiving. Yippee!!! :applause:

Back