Only for first Deaf/Deaf marriage

I am married to a deaf guy but we both were oral til later learned ASL. We are involved in the deaf community. We both love it!!

Now I am majoring in ASL/Deaf Studies. I just so love it! It is a fascinating culture!

Really, I was raised oral then I threw tantrums, finally my parents got me a deaf teacher with asl. After that I was happy. I met a deaf oralist married a hearing woman, interest so different from us, my husband know sign language. He refused to learn sign language so he is happy with where he is at now. I am so glad u both love ASL, me too.

Nope...Im with a deaf man. Ive dated hearing man years ago and it didn't work out becuz he was afraid to be around lots of deafies. He made excuses to get out of going to deaf events so I decided I rather find a deaf/hoh man. By the way, Im hoh.

Nope...Im with a deaf man. Ive dated hearing man years ago and it didn't work out becuz he was afraid to be around lots of deafies. He made excuses to get out of going to deaf events so I decided I rather find a deaf/hoh man. By the way, Im hoh.
I am sorry about your bad experince with hearing man but glad u find right man, deaf man to be with. :) Interesting about ur old hearing bf, my husband was nothing like that. Many do not believed he was hearing and argued with me that he is deaf. I never forgot that day when I told them, he is not DEAF. Cuz he signed so well alike deaf person till now, he sign with one hand because of bad shoulder he suffer right now. We still communicate with each othre very well.

Sorry to hear abt that too. I am hearing and I try to go to as many deaf events and my wife is the one that don't want to go as much as I. I am happy you found the right guy for you, but don't put a stereotype on all hearing guys on that experence.

I was married with hearing man for some years he never mix with deaf or HOH friends to me. His friends used to leave me out. Now have nice HOH boyfriend we sign and oral/lipread very happy now:fingersx:

Back