Only an expression, could be right, could be wrong...

tommys

Reaction score
Hi everyone....:wave:

It's me again ! Actually i had put this thread at Chat forum, but i think that isn't the right place. So, here i am.

I just prayed, and in my meditation, i just realised something. So, now i tell you the conclusion :

Never expect the others to adapt with our situation. we're the one who supposed to adapt to them. Because understanding and sense of feelings are not the same. Other people might understand about us, but they don't really sense / feel what we're going trough. No matter how kind or nice of someone, not even our couple or family, only you and the other deafs with similar things really understand the situation. It's impossible for hearing people to sense what deafs do. because they don't feel it ! they just understand it. And that's quite different.

Normal Hearing people won't feel the buzzing, ringging, and storming noise in the ear which causes you headache, right ? They just know that you can't hear, but they never know how hard it is to stand of the noises in the head, miss our children's voices. You can ask the normal hearing people to put earphone on their ears, with sound of buzzing, ringging and other noises for let's say.....a week. Do you think they can stand it ?

So, they can only understand, but not really feel it. including our normal hearing couple or family. So, i can understand your misserable. that's why i suggest you to try the accupunture method. Because if you took the right one, your neuro system can get getter. Maybe it takes long time to heal your deafness, but it can reduce the noises in the ear to head. I know it because i've been there. The noises is less, So you can concentrate more than usual.

These words don't mean to avoid or hate other normal hearing members. Not at all. It's just en expression. So it could be right or could be wrong. If wrong, will you correct me please ?

Oya, by d way. Do you guys believe in "....KARMA"....:aw:....?Do you think that our situation being deaf relates with our sins in d past ?

Once again, it's only an expression. Never mean to hurt someone's feeling.

Last edited:
I have removed your other thread out of the view as you have posted a new same thread in here.

Just to let you know a double post threads is no-no in AD, Mods will able to move the thread to correct place in forum or you can request a Mods to move your thread too. :)

Yes, Ok i can understand. And if you noticed, i had explained in the first line that i put my previous thread at the wrong place....:aw:. So i think this is the right one.
It's OK to move my previous one.
Thanks for the guidance for newbie like me mods....keep in touch !..:ty:

I actually try to work it so that people adapt to me. They don't need to hear the whole story about "I have a mod-profound sensorineural hearing loss with a loss of clarity but I have hearing aids but I also have tinnitus....." but I let people know I'm HoH and I may need some accomodation. If I do, I ask them and if I refuse I coerce them.

that's why i suggest you to try the accupunture method. Because if you took the right one, your neuro system can get getter. Maybe it takes long time to heal your deafness, but it can reduce the noises in the ear to head. I know it because i've been there. The noises is less, So you can concentrate more than usual.

I don't believe that acupuncture can cure deafness in more than a few select cases, nor do I believe that too many people on AD wish to cure their deafness. I'm sure that many people would like to know about the effects of it on curing tinnitus so....

Karma doesn't exist as anything but a natural interpersonal phenomenom. People who burn bridges with people by being jerks to other people and won't cooperate often have people turn against them. People who build bridges with other people and help them are more likely to get help from other people. It has nothing to do with deafness as far as I'm concerned.

I understand why you are saying what you are saying Tommy. It is very trying for a late deafened person to have buzzing in your head as well as being unable to hear well enough to converse, to well enough to hear soubds that are incredibly important and precious to you. However, I would like to point out that there is no point in being rude or unkind to hearing people. We both used to be hearing, and we both know what it is like not to understand deafness. They just don't get it because they can't. How could they? Would you really wish deafness on them? Of course you wouldn't. Some people are happy being deaf, because that is who they were born as...some people, like you and I, lost our hearing after years in a world of sound. No, it's not a fairy tale story, but we do have to be kind, we do have to try to understand that others are limited by their experiences. We know what it is like on both sides of the bridge, so it is up to us to try can create peace...not cause more misunderstanding and miscommunication by refusing to work with the hearing world.

Whew. I'm done. I hope I helped a little. I meant it in the best possible way, and you, in no way, have to agree...but do try to think about it a little...

I understand that we can not expect all hearing people to understand what deafness is about.

But we can educate the ones that are close to us. The ones that means the most to us and the ones that loves us just as much. As well as other people.

Expecting a love one to understand like they are walking in our shoes would be ridiculous. How can they understand when they have not experienced it. Our job is to educate them and tell them how we feel. Teach them ways that help us. Teach them to use alternative communication method, ASL.

Do not allow a hearing person to make you feel like you have to accommodate them all the time. Especially your love ones.

You may feel like you should not expect them to change for you. How can they expect you to keep going...with out understanding half of what they are saying if none. How can they expect you to hear when you can not??

It is a huge and difficult change for everyone around you. It is not your fault. It is not their fault.

I really agree with you guys. And as i said before, it's only an expression, something that i never told to anyone else for this last "3 Years" deafness. Even if i tell, they wouldn't understand right ?I'm not blaming on else, just a thought....Bad one.

But something that really hurt for me lately, i was thrown by stone at the head, just because i didn't hear him called me. Can you believe that ? Even maybe...for that man it's only a "JOKE", but it really hurts me. I'm not angry, but I'm sad. Since i'm deaf, i became inferior and avoiding the crowd.

Yes i,m looking forward to ASL too, but as i mentioned too, it's not easy to find institution or man who teachs ASL in my country ( Indonesia ). That's why i like visiting ASL PRO.COM.

Thanks so much for listening

What is the sound of one hand clapping? Do only the deaf know the answer to it? :hmm:

But something that really hurt for me lately, i was thrown by stone at the head, just because i didn't hear him called me. Can you believe that ? Even maybe...for that man it's only a "JOKE", but it really hurts me. I'm not angry, but I'm sad. Since i'm deaf, i became inferior and avoiding the crowd.

What?? Someone throws a stone at you to get your attention? You have every right to be :pissed: You could have been seriously hurt because of this so called "JOKE". You shouldn't expect to be on the recieving end of pranks just because you are deaf. That kind of behavior is just inexcusable. *smh*

Indonesian Association for the Welfare of the Deaf (IAWD) Gerakan untuk Kesejahteraan Tunarungu Indonesia
d/a Pusat Rehabilitasi Cacat
Dep. Pertahanan (Lantai II sayap pintu II)
JI.R.C. Veteran No 178
Bintare Jakarta - 12330

Fax: +62 21 738 8142
+62 274 588 048

WFD : National Members

Thanks Bott

By d way, i read your petition for jillio. But i,m Sorry i can't join you yet. It's because i'm new here and i don't know how the situation is. But i appreciate you.

See you and take care

Is any of you ever feel like...after you become deaf ( Specially for the previous hearing one ) your sense become more sensitive ?
In my case, i'm deaf, but lately, i can tell if someone's knocking door, or phone's ringing, cats on the roof. I also know if when i,m driving, someone's going to pass me by. Moreover, sometime i can tell if someone's lying or not too.

Is it because my hearing sense lost than my other sense becomes more avtive, or is it related to "6th sense" ? I don't know.

I really agree with you guys. And as i said before, it's only an expression, something that i never told to anyone else for this last "3 Years" deafness. Even if i tell, they wouldn't understand right ?I'm not blaming on else, just a thought....Bad one.

Yes i,m looking forward to ASL too, but as i mentioned too, it's not easy to find institution or man who teachs ASL in my country ( Indonesia ). That's why i like visiting ASL PRO.COM.

Thanks so much for listening

ASL PRO DOT COM is a fantastic website! I like it very much. I can watch it again and again if I missed something. :) I'm learning ASL, too. I am not deaf, but I do get the ringing and buzzing in my ears sometimes, tinnitus.

I am sorry some people are so cruel and insensitive. Please don't think all hearing people are that way. :) There are those of us who try hard to treat others as valuable human beings.

It starts with what is taught to children at home. My parents taught me to do unto others as I would have done to me, not to do it to them before they do it to me.

That's just my opinion. :)

Back