Online Gaming subform

Dr. Strangelove

Reaction score
How come there isn't a subforum for this? Too inactive?
I don't see the thinking that led to this move, can someone turn on a light for me?

I doubt that Alex will create it due lacks of popularity.

Take a look at this one: Forum Changes

Thanks for the link, it cleared things up, but what was posted didn't really have good valid reasons in my eyes.
I don't want to see game threads with sidekick threads man. Lame sauce, man. I feel like going on a rant, but this forum can't handle my **** if I did. One of the rules here is apparently no criticism of the admin or mods. How can the forum really improve if it's like this. *Stratches head*

Thanks for the link, it cleared things up, but what was posted didn't really have good valid reasons in my eyes.
I don't want to see game threads with sidekick threads man. Lame sauce, man. I feel like going on a rant, but this forum can't handle my **** if I did. One of the rules here is apparently no criticism of the admin or mods. How can the forum really improve if it's like this. *Stratches head*

The sidekick threads seems got their own forum. [URL="http://www.alldeaf.com/deaf-products-technologies/"]http://www.alldeaf.com/deaf-products-technologies/[/URL]

Another reason I think video games should get its own subforum, so certain topics would stay stickied, like the PS3 and 360 gamertag threads. Now if these threads don't get bumped/posted in, we will see new members asking for gamertags and possibly not really getting a chance to meet a lot of AD members online the PS3, Wii, or 360.

I really don't understand the decison-making that led to this lumping of the videogames with technology forum, unless little to no thought was put into it.

It's not about the Sidekicks. It's about various technology topics, and videogame topics.

Basically what I'm getting at is that Videogames now will be less discussed at AD.com, IMO, because they will get 'lost' in such a sloppily put together-without-much-thought forum.

Perhaps you could post about this suggestion in Forum Feedback & Suggestions. Or you could suggests about sub forum for video games topics.

I did voice my opinions there. I'm a bit tired, so I'll check tomorrow and make sure my point came across in that particular thread. Thank you for your feedback.

Alex has said 'to each his own' which means to me he made a decison for many other people. Not such good leadership IMO. Unless I am mistaken and this was a comitee decison between the admin and moderators..

I can understand alex feeling impartial to this issue, as he wasn't and isn't terribly involved in the video game discussions, but there is a certain bureaucratic feel to this move.

Certain things I believe warrant at least a 'gaming' subforum. The PSN and 360 gamertag/id threads that were stickied, this benefits any new member coming to Alldeaf who wish to meet the members of AD online and interact with other deaf gamers. Now new members will post their own threads asking for Gamertags/PSNIDs and not everyone who posted in the original stickies will post in it, welcoming the new members. Saying 'use the search button/function' is not an option, not everyone uses it, it is just not realistic to expect everyone new to come and use the search functions in ANY given forum on the internet, that much I know about internet forums. 'Games that have subtitles/cc' was another vital sticky thread, I like to think. I just feel that with lumping video games/games with technology will now make these vital threads which have been unstickied lost. And now if these were to be stickied in the current forum, it would clearly feel out of place and interfere with the very general topic that it already offers as I type.

I also am rather saddened I am alone in this, and other AD members either feel they have nothing to contribute, or are afraid of the 'wrath' of the Admin and moderators if they speak out, possibly because of the rule of no criticsm of admin or mod decisons/moves. No one can improve if they refuse criticsm. It is just not logical.

I believe I will be contributing to this topic rather often for a week or so. I feel strongly that at least 'games' should get its own subforum.

Back