online dating

ella

Reaction score
ok so i was thinking about doing that cause my sister has mention a lot her friends have met their recent boyfriends online through dating sites. I was wanting to know how do you tell which ones a creep and which one is normal guy. I guess thats what im worried about. But i know any guy can turn out to be a creep wether online or in person. For experienced online daters .. if i do decide to do this which it's not my thing at all , but i'm still thinking about it. But if i do decide can any of give me any tips on what to watch out for if am being scammed or if the guy is a weirdo.

ok so i was thinking about doing that cause my sister has mention a lot her friends have met their recent boyfriends online through dating sites. I was wanting to know how do you tell which ones a creep and which one is normal guy. I guess thats what im worried about. But i know any guy can turn out to be a creep wether online or in person. For experienced online daters .. if i do decide to do this which it's not my thing at all , but i'm still thinking about it. But if i do decide can any of give me any tips on what to watch out for if am being scammed or if the guy is a weirdo.

Insist on seeing him on a webcam.....to make sure that he matches his physique.

Dont wait too long before meeting him. You dont want to waste 9 months only to find out that there is no chemistry between you.

Protect your very personal information - do not give out addresses, financial information or give into sex easily. Men who ask for sex online are preying for sex itself.

But at the same time, keep an open mind. You just never know. :fingersx:

By the way, I know many couples who met online - it is not a taboo these days. It can work out as long as you protect yourself and accept red flags. Dont go into denial.

Then ask for tons of pictures.

Never trust pics. These days people can really manuiplate what they look like on pictures only.

I dont think webcam is that expensive anymore. last time I checked at micro center, they re selling webcams very low as 15 bucks. Trust me, get webcam (i use VP) and demand whoever youre talking to online date to get on webcam to reveal his/her true identity.

You dont want to waste your time talking to him/her for months and only find that he/she lied about her appearance. I dont care about communication and personality but hey you would like to date a nice looking person rather than UGLY FAT MUTHFUCKER. :afro:

ON THE NET ,DUDES AND DUDETTES CLAIM TO BE ALLSORTS..FOR SOME WE DONT NEED TO EXAGGERATE..:cool:
WE IS WHAT WE IS..
IVE DJ..ED,..WORKED OUT,BOXED,BEEN A LIFEGUARD,LOGGED TREES AND MORE:cool:

Carry a small can of mace when you meet them. Meet in a public place such as restraunt and make it clear you are meeting there and leaving seperate. Any guy who has an issue with that is most likely only after one thing. Don't drink too much...scare off most nice guys by looking like an alcoholic and making a creeps' job that much easier. I couldn't imagine an actual sexual predator using an online service, too easy to get caught. But guys after one thing are on there.

Ella, 'creeps' generally exhibit a certian behavioral pattern which makes it rather apparent that they're not what you're looking for. The key is to learn how to detect such red flags. Aside the obvious lame come-on lines and risque/obsence phrases that some may use -- which I'd assume you'd easily figure out that they're not worth your time. The ones you really need to watch out for are the manipulative ones. Anyways, it's pretty much like real life dating if you have alot of experince in that area you should be fine.

Gemtun said to accept red flags, I agree with her. No matter what, if something seems off it probably is. There's plenty of guys out there who'd sooner deserve you than some whacko. I have alot of experince with online dating, didn't turn out too good for me but for you it might. I don't mean to scare you if I did, there are some guys who are worth considering floating around on the net. Just becareful and if you're doubting yourself it's always good to have a friend 'screen' the person you're considering. The main reason is because their emotions won't be in the way and they'd have a clear head.

If you're looking for a free dating site to start with that's legit and doesn't have as many crazy people as myspace does (alot less!) I'd suggest trying okcupid.com. Have fun and stay safe.

It obviously seems this is a teenaged site. they do stupid things like online dating.

Ella i also agree with Dark_half and gemtun. creepy guys will have specific behavorial patterns that are so easy to spot out and they also come off sometmes to good to be true. another thing i've noticed about guys is if they want to get you to like them and their creeps when you ask them a question they will turn it around on you and ask you to answer the question before them and than they often answer the question close to yours. if you ask a question first make sure they answer it first.

i agree with you. It is better to ask them questions first and have them answer first before you answer. I noticed they are desperate to have things in common which is pathetic. Ugh!

Like i said Use your judgement and be careful! :)

i agree with everyone in here sometimes it can be dangerous be careful
and carry mace smile

smile

i agree with Getum and others about it. Yes webcam is always best than pictures because sometimes some people stole beautiful pictures from others and make it look like its him or her but its not.. I rather webcam first then get to know that person and you can give him your pics as long as you guys talk on webcam and make plans to meet in person before 9 months or sooner depends on what's going on with y'all. Good luck and be safe! :fingersx:

Right, true is to use the webcam 1st and then when u do met, met at like the mall or someplace that there are a lot of people and not at places where there are a lot of gang actives or anything to put you in harms way.

i agree with Getum and others about it. Yes webcam is always best than pictures because sometimes some people stole beautiful pictures from others and make it look like its him or her but its not.. I rather webcam first then get to know that person and you can give him your pics as long as you guys talk on webcam and make plans to meet in person before 9 months or sooner depends on what's going on with y'all. Good luck and be safe! :fingersx:

i agree with you.. i did have experience, when i was to chat with deaf men from america. he asked me, "Can i have one pic of you?" yes i did.... he sent me a pic of him too. i got a pic......i look this pic of him *thinking*.... really i was laughing, because this pic was beautiful men. i said him, thanks for pic of him... but sorry i will be ignore him. i am finish!!!
i know its not easy to trust with a deaf men. i sometimes did have to trust with a deaf men.

i agree with you.. i did have experience, when i was to chat with deaf men from america. he asked me, "Can i have one pic of you?" yes i did.... he sent me a pic of him too. i got a pic......i look this pic of him *thinking*.... really i was laughing, because this pic was beautiful men. i said him, thanks for pic of him... but sorry i will be ignore him. i am finish!!!

*sniffs sadly*

I must not beautiful because you're still talking to me last I checked :tears: :giggle:

Maybe if I don't get anything from you tomorrow... :D

-Aquaman

*sniffs sadly*

I must not beautiful because you're still talking to me last I checked :tears: :giggle:

Maybe if I don't get anything from you tomorrow... :D

-Aquaman

Ohhh, you did too much expect. you think maybe you don´t get anything from me... *laugh* you think so?.... that is interesting!!!
sorry i didnt tell, that you are ugly or beautiful or....*whistle*

Back