One in eight to cut cable and satellite TV in 2010

We should need to offer an al a carte service. I'm tired of paying channels, I don't want children channels, music channels, shopping channels, and digital channels. I favor HD channels and sports channels at all. Al a carte service plan is lower than full cable service except premium channels.

Second here, I don't want too many unnecessary TV channels.
A la carte cable television - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We should need to offer an al a carte service. I'm tired of paying channels, I don't want children channels, music channels, shopping channels, and digital channels. I favor HD channels and sports channels at all. Al a carte service plan is lower than full cable service except premium channels.

You have a choice... don't subscribe to cable/satellite services.

The kind that is aluminum and extends out like a V.

That could be why. The digital is based on UHF signal, the kind that is round instead of V type.

Either can try moving the other part of your antenna that is for picking up UHF instead of the V kind.

Might have to get new antenna designed for digital signal if the above doesn't help.

That could be why. The digital is based on UHF signal, the kind that is round instead of V type.

Either can try moving the other part of your antenna that is for picking up UHF instead of the V kind.

Might have to get new antenna designed for digital signal if the above doesn't help.

I don't have any other part of my antenna.

I can't afford a new antenna. I have rent and bills to pay.

I don't have any other part of my antenna.

I can't afford a new antenna. I have rent and bills to pay.

or you could contact the charity group and ask for need help, or you could try find round band at thrift store.

I'm wondering that anyone could make homemade round band that attach to V type so is it possible?

Hopefully, you will find way to solve the problem.

cheapest one at walmart is 10 dollars I believe..

As a matter of fact, I got an extra one and you can have it if you want to meet me when I go to SA Sunday.

I canceled my cable and got verizon Fios....guess what? as soon as i can I'm going back to cable. Damn fios has way too many commercials and old movies with commercials too. shit. I was better off with cable and all the hbo's I had for $20.00 less than what I'm paying now. I liked the silver package and now I'm sorry I canceled it :( I was told by verizon that I can't cancel before one year of subscribing and if I cancel before the year is up I have to keep paying for the rest of the year :( the cable Company tells me that's illegal...*sigh*

cheapest one at walmart is 10 dollars I believe..

As a matter of fact, I got an extra one and you can have it if you want to meet me when I go to SA Sunday.

Thanks, but I went to Dollar World the other day and found an UHF/VHF antenna for $1.29 (It has both the V antenna and the round antenna) and it seems to work well. But thanks for the offer. Maybe someone else could use yours. :) I'm getting 20 channels now.

Thanks, but I went to Dollar World the other day and found an UHF/VHF antenna for $1.29 (It has both the V antenna and the round antenna) and it seems to work well. But thanks for the offer. Maybe someone else could use yours. :) I'm getting 20 channels now.

No problem. Glad it worked out for ya!

Great, glad to hear that.

I canceled my cable and got verizon Fios....guess what? as soon as i can I'm going back to cable. Damn fios has way too many commercials and old movies with commercials too. shit. I was better off with cable and all the hbo's I had for $20.00 less than what I'm paying now. I liked the silver package and now I'm sorry I canceled it :( I was told by verizon that I can't cancel before one year of subscribing and if I cancel before the year is up I have to keep paying for the rest of the year :( the cable Company tells me that's illegal...*sigh*

They can't make you pay for the rest of the year. Cancel it and get an antenna.

They can't make you pay for the rest of the year. Cancel it and get an antenna.

they can since subscriber signed the contract. same for 2-years cellphone contract. it's an early termination fee. it's really bs

they can since subscriber signed the contract. same for 2-years cellphone contract. it's an early termination fee. it's really bs

The termination fee is usually a couple hundred bucks, better than paying for the whole year. I'll have to agree that it is BS though.

The termination fee is usually a couple hundred bucks, better than paying for the whole year. I'll have to agree that it is BS though.

that's how much it costs for whole year - a couple hundred bucks. It is BS that the termination fee is nearly same cost as full year :mad2:

Depends on what package you order.

she (or he) got silver package. that's $$$ and 2-years contract (required). I think she misunderstood the company's message. the cable company is being sleezy, telling her that it is illegal. Time Warner played that anti-FiOS commercial with messages like "why fee so high? what are they hiding?"

Back