One Handed Female Looking To Sign

ssims21

Reaction score
Hello, I am from massachusetts and have always wanted to learn sign language however , I do not have any deaf relatives nor any deaf friends...I would to love to met some new people, and maybe someone can tell me some helpful ways of how to learn signing with having only 5 fingers... Just looking for some help, I always wanted to be a interpretor since i was young but I just don't know if that is a possible goal?!?!:ty:
shanna es

Why don't you focus on learning ASL first to see where you are going? My close friend who's deaf and he lost his arm during college year. He has one arm and signs fine that we understand him with no problem. For being an interpreter, I do not know much about it. However, do not give up your passion for asl, if you really mean it. There are many ways of signing ASL if you want to be interpreter. Good Luck.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. If you do the correct way to sign ASL, then you might be ready to become an interpreter. There was and hopefully still are interpreter courses at the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque, New Mexico where I was from before moving to Canada. I have not been there for a long time though. You need to do that in the State of Massachusetts in college or university. You have to take classes in order for you to be certified. I had read other threads (posts) that there are some good interpreters and bad interpreters just like the cops (good and bad). :ugh:

So enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

So take your ASL classes

I knew one deaf woman who had only eight fingers years ago so I guess you'e in good company. Anyway welcome to AD.

Back