one ear dragging you down?

As for jokes re deafness-"laugh/laugh'! Not sure what is "funny". Personally, I have mentioned this before, I don't know any "deaf" persons, excluding those I met at Canadian Hearing Society here in Toronto. Yeah I have taken ASL classes in the Toronto school system-night classes-Danforth/Northern Secondary. but in the end-- a futile exercise-couldn't practice with anyone except back in the classes. Hard to sign to yourself. The situation hasn't changed to this day. The textbook used was Elaine Costello Signing-how to speak with your hands, Bantam Book New York, 1983.
All of this- re ASL classes- was done for future time-- when I would become "deaf". Duly advised way back in 1992-St Michaels ENT after a raft of tests- when I lost lost all hearing in Right ear-Feb/92. Did I have cancer/tumours? I became deaf on December 20,2006.That is why I had "lots of info" re Cochlear Implants. Unfortunately, where I live, Ontario, OHIP had a policy one must be deaf in both ears before being considered for an Implant. Since OHIP paid the entire cost-for me $55,000, CDN in 2007. The policy was changed a few years back to one having Profound loss level-85 db-in one ear and deaf in the other. Policy change was too late for me.Sunnybrook/Toronto has implanted just over 850 person over a 18 year period with a "rejection rate-for one reason other-of over 60%. Not exactly a minor matter to say the least.All of this took place over 3 years ago.

Advanced Bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

Drphil you just throw up random non relevant info when posting and no one really cares...fingerspelling is not a language either or it would be called finger language..just because you've been to CHS and took a cpl ASL classes doesn't u are the end all be all and that you know Deaf culture because guess what? U don't! And all that rano information we don't care bout..we no longer care where,when,who, what, and why about you and your implant..its redundant now .. stop posting stupidity

Midge:Presumably your advice applies especially to your pious "drivel". Isn't that grandiose- you represent all 38,000 plus members here! I never have claimed to know "everything" about ASL/Hearing Loss/Cochlear Implants- only that I have been involved at CHS/Sunnybrook/TDSB where the topics were discussed and to me means "something". You don't have to read anything I have keyed-I am not forcing you. I am quite use to this style of "ravings" from VampireFreaks.Com. Really shovelled out there! They have over 1,250,000 members-not for the easily shocked crowd! Today is the 4 th anniversary of joining. Yeah, I have the same user name.

Advanced Bionic-Harmony-activated Aug/07

Midge:Presumably your advice applies especially to your pious "drivel". Isn't that grandiose- you represent all 38,000 plus members here! I never have claimed to know "everything" about ASL/Hearing Loss/Cochlear Implants- only that I have been involved at CHS/Sunnybrook/TDSB where the topics were discussed and to me means "something". You don't have to read anything I have keyed-I am not forcing you. I am quite use to this style of "ravings" from VampireFreaks.Com. Really shovelled out there! They have over 1,250,000 members-not for the easily shocked crowd! Today is the 4 th anniversary of joining. Yeah, I have the same user name.

Advanced Bionic-Harmony-activated Aug/07

Sorry to disillusion you, but Alicia has a pretty good grasp of the attitude of all our members towards your ravings.

Through your narcissism you may have failed to perceive that even a good many of our CI population is appalled by you.

That is "interesting"- a subset of persons here "appalled" by my keying. Survey taken? Sorry not into the "mind reading" projection section- yet. You may have noticed that I haven't started any threads-only commented of what is actually posted here. How much anyone here actually "believes" what is keyed-interesting hypothesis. I don't perceive keying about my actual experience-an exercise in narcissism. Does they apply to everyone else here?
Oh yeah-"ravings"in the eye of the beholder-- Correct?

It is interesting how one can come here and annoy the members that frequently post..and thank god you haven't posted any threads because I'm sure it would be about the same thing that you post almost in every other thread. And it isn't the problem of what you write, well...it is for the most part, but I think we got it the 2nd or 3rd time when you explained where you got your CI etc, we don't need to "hear" about it EVERY damn time you make a post. If you want something seen in a post all the time put it in your signature, that's what it's there for!
And as a person who has posted here for 4 years I think I may know a thing or two about the kind of people who come in and act like you do and how other veteran posters feel about said people...we don't like it nor do we care anymore about what you post.

Also, I'd please ask that you do not call me by my nickname, it's for people I am friends with and like on AD. I don't call you "registered user" so don't use my nickname and pretend we are on friend terms, because we aren't, thanks.

Alicia M: prior comment on the alleged thinking of 38,000 members- did you take a survey? Or is this just your supposition? As for the use of "midge" vs "Alicia"- I don't know your real name. That is what is there. My user name is the computer code of the real Dr Phil's website:"drphil.com" My real name is Bill.
Since you live in Ottawa it is highly unlikely we will ever meet.
Since I only key about what has actually happened -Hearing wise- to me in replies to various comments. I don't waste my time trying to psychoanalyze other persons' comments- more important things to keep busy. Presumably-not everyone subscribes to that thought. Correct?

No but I know others have expressed their dislike for your posts as well and I won't be disclosing who, as that's inappropriate and if they so wish to express themselves then I'm sure they will. BTW of these 38, 000 members I am only talking about the frequent posters not the thousands that never post a word on AD and signed up and maybe had 3 posts and never came back.

And as for "midge" vs "Alicia" what the hell would you think is my name, if you're so smart I'm sure you'd go for Alicia as that would make most sense. And since I live in ottawa but travel to toronto a couple times a year..i still wouldn't want to meet you ..so thank god it's highly unlikely that we will ever meet!

Your "user name" appears to be AliciaM. For future reference. This is only a computer screen. drphil is NOT the real Dr Phil.

Last edited:
I will check with Sunnybrook if 'oCd" involved with Cochlea problems-hopeful not serious!

Last edited:
Are you confused? Cuz it seems like you are...everyone here knows my name..why did you repost that it is indeed my name if I told you already? Are you OCD?

It doesn't matter if it is real name or not. It's a name/screenname she want to be refer as.

It doesn't matter if it is real name or not. It's a name/screenname she want to be refer as.

Of course, but it actually is her real name. Everybody knows that who has been here very long. I was only teasing Overthepond.

Back