On Oprah, Nate

TTT

Reaction score
Yesterday on Oprah www.oprah.com.

First time since surviving the devastating tsunami, Nate Berkus returns to the show to tell his story. The woman Nate says saved his life.

Nate and his lover Fernando were vacationing in Sri Lanka when the tsunami hit. Nate Berkus survived; his partner, Fernando Bengoechea, is still missing.

Nate said that his partner and him were holding on to each other
next to the tree. But then the wave took away Fernando...
and then Nate held on to the tree...
And a woman saved him.

Nate is the one who decorate room for Oprah. He was a house designer,
he was on Oprah a few time before. Now wow... he is back on Oprah and told
Oprah and everybody what happen there. Sad for him.

Why God save him and not his lover?

Attachments

• nate.bmp
    18.4 KB · Views: 7
  • nate.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 46
What does God do with this? I never understand why people are so quick to blame God for everything.

Anyway back to this topic, good thing that Nate made out alright.

I agree with Magatsu...Why blame on God? I mean Is God make plan to have War, Tsunami/Asia, Death of Soilders, and Many things? How can He make it happen? It is not God...It is Human Being who make it cause. Saddam started to caused more problems then Bin L. started to caused more problems then Bush caused more problems with other things. It is nothing to do with God but Only he take care of Loved ones. If you want to blame on God then How can you Speak of Him? Can he hear you? and Can he answer your question or prayer? Impossible! Only We can speak, pray, and hope for Human Beings to make change, peace, and stop killing each other. That s all we can do for them.
Sorry about Alittle Off-Topic but I just agree with Mag
Mommyof3

It was Mother Nature who unleashed her fury at us. Mother Nature does not discriminate against anyone ....poor,rich,black,yellow,brown,red,muslim, christian,jewish, etc.

Earth is a moving force. The only constant in this universe is CHAOS. Today in local newspaper, it talked about how Oregon coast is at huge risk for a tsunami on similiar nature that happened in Asia.

Nate is lucky to survive...why his partner didnt survive is not something to ask God. It is more like gambling. You either make it or you don't. Fittest of survival.

TTT,

God has nothing to do with the death of his girlfriend, It was the mother nature that did this, you can't control it, you can't stop it , being in a situation like this happens to many many people on this earth, and the only thing you could do is try to save the life of your own or others as well...

I am sorry to hear about his girlfriend but I am glad to hear he made it ...

You mean boyfriend

Angel, Nate's boyfriend died.
He didn't have a girlfriend.

Angel
He is gay and have a boyfriend....so his boyfriend died.
mommyof3

I thought you were against gays/lesbians?

Secondly, if his boyfriend died... you would probably say the same thing for Nate.

Lastly, why the hell did God let you in here? See? Same thing! It makes no sense. :roll:

Opps, I did not know Fernando Bengoechea is a male, I thought at first what a strange name for a woman!...

Sorry...

Back