Older CI like S-Series or Plautim BTE will be no more 2012.

macawsdeaf

Reaction score
Wirelessly posted (Nintendo DSI)

This is a sad news. These older CI plat Bte and S-Series will be no more making it. This Newer CI called Harmony. They are asking us to upgrade. These Harmony cost $8,600.00 plus other parts. if have insurance covered then maybe about 20%-35% to covered.

What you think of a new product?(Harmony)

My daughter has two Harmony processors and is doing well. They're small and simple, and can use the T-mic on the ear hook. Who is asking you to upgrade? The company usually supports older products without requiring and upgrade.

I thought they stopped S series pretty long ago. But sad to hear the BTE is going, best behind the ear implant ever IMO.

I loved my harmony, it was very sleek, the t-bic sounded noticeable better than the BTE and was more water resistance and longer battery life.
Other than that, there was really not much difference between the BTE and harmony.

Once they stop manufacturing the model they will only support it for a period of time afterwords and stop having parts available for it.

My daughter has two Harmony processors and is doing well. They're small and simple, and can use the T-mic on the ear hook. Who is asking you to upgrade? The company usually supports older products without requiring and upgrade.

I had my AB Harmony now for 3 1/2 years. Still satisfied!

Implanted Advanced Bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

That is interesting about the harmony. some of you had stated that Harmony the battery seem last longer and water resistance! seem i can do something about it. the issues is my insurance stopped due to ssi cut me off. Well.... I just need to find away setup my own business.

they will take payments if you dont have insurance. hope you can afford it. i asked them what the payment was and they told me $500 a month.

Wirelessly posted (Nintendo DSI)

is that was a payment plan you're talking about?

that what they told me with no insurance. ohh almost forgot to answer the op's question. i like the harmony better than the plat. bte. as far as the s-series goes, you could upgrade to the psp, which is the current body aid. i dont think the psp is going anywhere for a while. you do know that you can trade your bte and/or s-series for the harmony and/or psp. talk to ab about trading it in. harmony is going to be new but you can get a refurbished psp at about half the price, if you cant afford the new. what i did a few years back was i traded my bte for a refurbished psp to use as a backup in case something happens to my original psp. even the refurbished has the same warranty as a new one.

Back