Old Fashion Hearing Aids....

ButterflyGirl said:
Today, body aids are a distant memory. Only deaf people born before the '70s can remember those bra-like white harnesses and the big, bulky, radio-like hearing aids that sat in the harness pockets. (Today's cochlear implant speech processors are worn much the same way, but the manufacturers, mindful of the body aid experience, have developed behind-the-ear style speech processors).

Hey...I'm one of those pre 70's kids! Remember that well (in fact I still have the bodyworn processor (as a keepsake and reminder) minus the strap). Didn't care for them too much. It didn't allow me to play all out on the playground equipment. I think I had it for 2 or 3 years before I got a BTE style HA.

AUTO TRAINIER?????

I HAD ONE OF THEM WHILE I WAS IN SCHOOL! HATED IT SOOO MUCH...... BUT I WOULD BE PROUD NOW TO WEAR IT... I WAS JUST A KID MYSELF BACK THEN :dunno:

I have 80's hearing aids, 90's cochlear implant but I was donated old FM system in few years ago.

I got FM system in 1990, that's blue device, not same as white device in 80's that what sequoias show about his FM system.

There's only 2 thing what I have right now
untitled34651jh.png

Sorry about pic is blurry, I just took picture from sidekick 2

DeafMonkey said:

Aww DeafMonkey, you are such a cutieee little girl, that's the same hearing aids I had back in the 70's...Boy that sure bring back the memories heh...

^Angel^ said:
Actually I need new ear molds, but yeah I still have my hearing aids but can't wear them without a ear molds, I guess you could say my ears got bigger :whistle:
:giggle:

I was an early 1970s preschooler to a kid in 3rd grade..and I wore a Zenith body worn hearing aid (gold plated) with a Y cord and two buttons with earmolds for my ears. :)

I remember telling my 2nd grade teacher about my harness for my body aid...I told her it's my "Ahh-bra" (because of the bra advertisment at the time called "Ahh-Bra"). LOL She cracked up laughing! :)

oh man!! I wish I go back to little kid again cause make me staring at my pictures of me dang but now I am adult :( lol :lol: and I look at my old FM system lol wow it is so old!!!!

DeafMonkey said:

Nancy said:
I was an early 1970s preschooler to a kid in 3rd grade..and I wore a Zenith body worn hearing aid (gold plated) with a Y cord and two buttons with earmolds for my ears. :)

I remember telling my 2nd grade teacher about my harness for my body aid...I told her it's my "Ahh-bra" (because of the bra advertisment at the time called "Ahh-Bra"). LOL She cracked up laughing! :)
LOL how cute!

Back