Old Fashion Hearing Aids....

Angel

♥"Concrete Angel"♥
Premium Member
Reaction score
I posted in other thread about remembering the old fashion type of hearing aids that has two ear molds with cord that goes to a box that wrapped around my chest, I remember wearing that when I was a little girl and how much I hated wearing it cause sometimes when I sign, I accident hit the cord which cause one of my ear mold to pop right out, does anyone here remember those sort of hearing aids? I don't recalling remembering the name of it, but hopefully some of you will remember them....

same here when I signs and hit the cord from FM System and I was oh oops and put them back in my ears lol :lol: it doesnt bother me when I wear it :lol: I dont hate lol cause I love hear the sounds lol :lol: but one thing I dont like FM System cause too heavy from my chest blah. in school that I told my teacher I dont want! wear FM system and want to wear my hearing aids cause it is same like fm system and hearing aids and teacher force me to wear fm system arghhhh I hate it! lol .. if dont wear fm system and it will give detetion (spelling) in my school arghh I hate it once I did got detetion for not wear Fm system lol

^Angel^ said:
I posted in other thread about remembering the old fashion type of hearing aids that has two ear molds with cord that goes to a box that wrapped around my chest, I remember wearing that when I was a little girl and how much I hated wearing it cause sometimes when I sign, I accident hit the cord which cause one of my ear mold to pop right out, does anyone here remember those sort of hearing aids? I don't recalling remembering the name of it, but hopefully some of you will remember them....

umm not sure :lol:

I hated those old fashioned HAs the wire with the box. I used to throw them in the toilet. Then I got new HAs, the one that goes behind the ears, boy sure did I hate those things.. lol.. I threw them out the window when my grandparents were driving and other times when my dad was driving.

My parents used to get soo frustrated with me and would take my HAs to get it repaired.. but I'd do it again over and over then the Audiologist found another option.. was the aids that can be put behind the ears. so I got those.. and ended up throwing out of the car window while driving... so once more.. I got another new one and finally kept it on my ears.. Now I've worn hearing aids for 30 years :mrgreen: me :angel:

I have thick hearing aids that got from ENT in 1989 and it looks ugly to me.

When I started my first day of kindergarden I had to wear it, at first I was thinking what is this? but my dad explained to me it suppose to help me hear, when I looked in the mirror it looks like I'm some kind of robot from out of space, then I asked my dad are you sure it's for girls?... :ugh2:

^Angel^ said:
When I started my first day of kindergarden I had to wear it, at first I was thinking what is this? but my dad explained to me it suppose to help me hear, when I looked in the mirror it looks like I'm some kind of robot from out of space, then I asked my dad are you sure it's for girls?... :ugh2:

LoL you asked your dad if he was sure if it was for girls?? haha Do you still wear HAs now?

Yes I had that too. I hated it so much. I remember when I saw a boy in my class with his new BTE (behind the ears) hearing aids I couldn't take my eyes off them. I wanted them so bad LOL.
I would always get so frustrated with it whenever my hands or whatever pulled onto the cord and then my ear mold popped out.

RebelGirl said:
Do you still wear HAs now?

Actually I need new ear molds, but yeah I still have my hearing aids but can't wear them without a ear molds, I guess you could say my ears got bigger :whistle:

ButterflyGirl said:
Yes I had that too. I hated it so much. I remember when I saw a boy in my class with his new BTE (behind the ears) hearing aids I couldn't take my eyes off them. I wanted them so bad LOL.
I would always get so frustrated with it whenever my hands or whatever pulled onto the cord and then my ear mold popped out.

Oh yeah, tell me about it, ...I should have just brought glue

RebelGirl said:
LoL you asked your dad if he was sure if it was for girls?? haha Do you still wear HAs now?

I bet you got painted pink hearing aids when you are little girl.

^Angel^ said:
LOL how cute of you!

I remember I complained a lot about how dirty my carrying case was. It was white and it would get dirty easily :(

I think I have a picture of me wearing that old fashioned hearing aid somewhere. If I can find it I will scan it and post it in here.

ButterflyGirl said:
LOL how cute of you!

I remember I complained a lot about how dirty my carrying case was. It was white and it would get dirty easily :(

I think I have a picture of me wearing that old fashioned hearing aid somewhere. If I can find it I will scan it and post it in here.

In long time ago, all hearing aids are required to be match with skin color so that is so stupid.

ButterflyGirl said:
LOL how cute of you!

I do too.. I have pix of me with that somewhere.. I'll have to find it too..

Butterfly Girl,

you carried a case? what was the case for?...I have a picture somewhere at my dad's house, but my scanner broken :(

I had one of those things when I was a kid in 1980's. Those things were a hearing aid brick. I remember going in the other room and I can hear the speech teacher talk to me thru the walls. It can pick up sounds wirelessly thru the walls away from the teacher. It's interesting device but old. I do remember sometime accidently hit the cord and it come off unplugged, oops.

^Angel^ said:
Butterfly Girl,

you carried a case? what was the case for?...I have a picture somewhere at my dad's house, but my scanner broken :(
I didn't know what it was called but you know the one that carried our hearing aid box in and it had straps from it to go around our body.
I will have to look up on the internet to see what it is called.

TrippLA said:
I bet you got painted pink hearing aids when you are little girl.

I wonder if they do Barbie hearing aids these days? Or maybe Ashley and Kate?

Back