Oklahoma Gov approves executing child molesters

Castleman said:
you got it wrong

it is cheaper just to put to death, but less suffering
it is more expensive to serve a life sentence, but more suffering

You are right that the DP itself is cheaper than life in prison, but you are probably forgetting about the costs of TRYING a death penalty case.

DP cases are extremely expensive to try cuz of automatic appeals, lots of specialized lawyers, investigators, longer trials, etc.

I wish that USA would proposal new amendment about bans on capital punishment over all states, just like Canada and UK does. It need expand more federal prisons, it alot better than capital punishment but capital punishment are hurts human rights, it's not good.

USA is only developed countries that allowed capital punishment, that's too embarrass on us.

Speaking of castration, I wanted to clear up a few things.

First, castration is NOT penectomy (removal of the penis), nor vasectomy (surgical blocking of the Vas Deferens). Castration is the sterilization of a male by which the male altogether loses use of the testes (for example, you smash Jake's nuts). Castration is considered painful, and many places use it as a form of torture.

Second, castration effectively reduces hormones in the male body, including testosterone. These hormones are often associated with violent tendencies in men. Upon reduction of these hormones, violent tendencies are reduced significantly. There is an actual correlation between violence and quantity of testosterone present.

I've seen numbers, but unless I can find something specifically to cite, I'll keep hush in that department.

Endymion said:

First, castration is NOT penectomy (removal of the penis), nor vasectomy (surgical blocking of the Vas Deferens). Castration is the sterilization of a male by which the male altogether loses use of the testes (for example, you smash Jake's nuts). Castration is considered painful, and many places use it as a form of torture.

Second, castration effectively reduces hormones in the male body, including testosterone. These hormones are often associated with violent tendencies in men. Upon reduction of these hormones, violent tendencies are reduced significantly. There is an actual correlation between violence and quantity of testosterone present.

I've seen numbers, but unless I can find something specifically to cite, I'll keep hush in that department.

It will be cool to get all men neutered! :rofl:

Cane Corso said:
It will be cool to get all men neutered! :rofl:

ROFL! You're making me cringe! ;) But if all men are neutured, then how are you going to enjoy honeymoon night?

The problem with the death penalty is that i takes to long too long to actually kill these people ( i use the term people lightly) these lawyers dress these murderes in a nice suit and people start forgetting what they did and before you know it people start feeling bad for them. I think we should just speed up the process. what do you guys think?

Off point, but here's a good piece for discussion.

According to UNICEF, only two countries in the world have not ratified the Convention on the Rights of the Child, prohibiting the execution of children. These two countries are Somalia and the United States of America.

The Convention on the Rights of the Child is the most widely and rapidly ratified human rights treaty in history. Only two countries, Somalia and the United States, have not ratified this celebrated agreement. Somalia is currently unable to proceed to ratification as it has no recognized government. By signing the Convention, the United States has signalled its intention to ratify—but has yet to do so.

Source: http://www.unicef.org/crc/index_30229.html

Fortunately in Thompson v. Oklahoma (1988), execution of children under 16 was outlawed in the US. In Roper v. Simmons (2005) execution of all juveniles was outlawed. The Roper v. Simmons conclusion is especially fortunate because all the following countries have executed minors since the 1990s: China, D.R. Congo, Iran, Nigeria, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, and the United States of America.

So here's the big thing. It is fortunate we have ended the execution of minors but it took us so long to to do that and we have yet to ratifiy the Convention on the Rights of the Child. Now the question:

Should we be concerned about the political atmosphere here that slowed the process of protecting children, even while we executed one as late as the 1990s?

Well Endymion, if the child has commited a very vicious sexual offense then he murders that kid to cover up the evidence then yes put to death, no questions about it but if it is a regular offense and nothing to the extreme then probably no then get him some help as well as doing some time in jail but once the kid is past 18 or 21 depending on state law, Really there should be an uniform guideline on that one but once, past that age 18 to 21 then all bets are off. There is no excuse for that behavior towards a child at all or for anyone for that matter at all.

Last edited:
The letter said:
The problem with the death penalty is that i takes to long too long to actually kill these people ( i use the term people lightly) these lawyers dress these murderes in a nice suit and people start forgetting what they did and before you know it people start feeling bad for them. I think we should just speed up the process. what do you guys think?
This is what I think :gpost:

Endymion said:
... all the following countries have executed minors since the 1990s: China, D.R. Congo, Iran, Nigeria, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, and the United States of America...Should we be concerned about the political atmosphere here that slowed the process of protecting children, even while we executed one as late as the 1990s?
Can you please link me to a source that identifies the executions of minors in the United States during the 1990's? I have searched and searched the web and I can't find any such list.

It seems odd to me that most executions require many years of appeals before they are carried out in the US, and yet some how these minors would have exhausted all their appeals before their 18th birthdays?

This is the best I could find:

The youngest person on death row right now is 22 years old.

No minors were on death row in the United States as of August 2005, according to International Justice Project, an anti-capital punishment organization.

The youngest person executed in the US since 1976 was 23 years old. Not a minor.

The website lists each one by name.

http://www.internationaljusticeproject.org/juvStats.cfm

Conclusion: There were no minors executed in the US in the 1990s; and there were no minors executed in the US since 1976.

Endymion said:

Thanks for clarifying. I guess I was using the wrong word...I thought it was the right word for the sign that I have seen, oops.

Reba said:
Can you please link me to a source that identifies the executions of minors in the United States during the 1990's? I have searched and searched the web and I can't find any such list.

It seems odd to me that most executions require many years of appeals before they are carried out in the US, and yet some how these minors would have exhausted all their appeals before their 18th birthdays?

Reba,

I am glad you asked for the source. It is always good practice, and I appreciate that. My intent is not to make unsubstantiated claims, and when you ask me to cite, you reinforce that objective. It keeps me on my toes. (My intent in the above appreciation is also genuine, and I know that the impersonal nature of the internet may erroneously convey otherwise).

Amnesty International is the source and the page is below:

http://web.amnesty.org/pages/deathpenalty-children-stats-eng

Executions of child offenders have occured in the US for the following years (number of executions in parentheses): 1990 (1), 1992 (1), 1993 (4), 1998 (3), 2000 (4), 2001 (1), 2002 (3), 2003 (1).

Further, I did not mean to convey the children were executed as children; if I have, then that is a fault of my own. Many of these children committed crimes as a minor and then were executed sometime shortly after passing the 18 year mark. Following the 1988 Thompson v. Oklahoma case, children younger than 16 could not be tried for capital punishment, making all the executed children since 1990 age 16 or seventeen at the time of the crime.

International law prohibits the execution of child offenders (legally, offenders who commit the crime as children). The following excerpt is from the above site:

The use of the death penalty for crimes committed by people younger than 18 is prohibited under international human rights law, yet some countries still execute child offenders. Such executions are few compared to the total number of executions in the world. Their significance goes beyond their number and calls into question the commitment of the executing states to respect international law.

Last edited:
LuciaDisturbed said:
Thanks for clarifying. I guess I was using the wrong word...I thought it was the right word for the sign that I have seen, oops.

Lol, no big deal. Hey, I'm just glad you got to learn something new. I learn something new every day too!

Endymion said:
Reba,

I am glad you asked for the source. It is always good practice, and I appreciate that. My intent is not to make unsubstantiated claims, and when you ask me to cite, you reinforce that objective. It keeps me on my toes. (My intent in the above appreciation is also genuine, and I know that the impersonal nature of the internet may erroneously convey otherwise)....
Thanks for the clarification and links.

I try to include links with my posts, too, but sometimes I get in such a hurry of downloading, copying, pasting, editing, etc., that I miss something. It happens to the best of us. ;)

To come think of it, I used to be against death penalty in fear of an innocent person being put to death by errors but now when I think of these sex offenders and child molestors I am beginning to see it different. I am all for executing them with proofs that they had committed their crimes but what bothers me is that it has to happen after the sex offender commits it twice. Why give the offender another chance? I have 2 little girls and if anything happens to them God help me. I tend to be very overprotective of my girls because of these sick perverts living among us.

Back