ojo vs vp-200

superdeaf57

Reaction score
which vp is best for you to have ojo or vp-200 ?

I really love using my OJO,, But I can still chat with friends on my OJO to their VP 100 and vp 200 and D link if they need to call me. So my ojo works to call them on Sorenson.

can you clarify that your OJO can dial the phone number to Sorenson product?

I contact my friend's VP by using her/his IP address on my Ojo.

If you use a phone number to dial the Ojo thru to other Ojo, then it will be fine.

It is not a problem for me to use IP Address because I saved it in my phone book so that I select my friend to call automatically. It's not bad at all.

I have a good reason to have both VP and Ojo. Sometimes, the VP's relay service is too busy holding calls so I use my Ojo to contact Ojo's relay service. It's a perfect choice. I have no complaint for these services.

can you clarify that your OJO can dial the phone number to Sorenson product?

yes, I use my friends IP address to call them on my OJO and they can call me on my OJO IP address so that works. So, my friend who have OJO and I have OJO we go by the phone number. So far is been good. So I am pretty hooked on OJO. Sorenson is limited.

Oic about ID address on Ojo. Okay .. would you please tell me pro and con between OJO and VP100/200?

Oic about ID address on Ojo. Okay .. would you please tell me pro and con between OJO and VP100/200?

Pros:

VP200 is nice that has many features of type of flashes for your preferences.
VP200 allows you to connect any size of television.
VP100 is okay, and limited of features on flashes.
VP100 is out-of-date that's what they complain about.
VP200's screen quality is greatly improved and less graphic.
VP100's screen quality is not that great and shown more graphic that does not give you a big picture. (I think.)

Cons:

VP200's remote is somewhat okay. It does not show me to hang it up, but there are two buttons to block the view and close the video screen.

Both VP200 and VP100 require the power on if someone is trying to call you.

The regular phone itself has a very small electricity power that does not have a plug to the outlet which is nice. (Some telephone has a transformer for speakers and caller ID.) Both VPs and Ojo require to have a plug to the outlet all the times which is common.

For Ojo:

Pros:

Alternative to call someone on relay if the VP line is too busy.

My opinion for the Pros is that it requires to have IP addresses in the phonebook because I like to have a separate between the Ojo and VP. It's because you wouldn't want to talk on VP in the living room if you have some companies watching you. You have a chance to have a privacy to talk with on Ojo.

It has a video answering machine.

Cons:

A few people complain that it is a small screen. I checked with mine, and I do not have a problem with that. I am not sure why they are complaining - perhaps they are very fat that doesn't fix it. (Don't ask me.) All you have to do is to move back away the screen that should not be a problem. You will solve the problem quickly.

It does not have a flash (i.e. LED lights). But, I was told that it "flashes" on the screen to let you know that someone is calling you. It also has one little blue LED that tells you that you have a message(s). I am pretty sure that we will have a 3rd party wireless home-pager soon for both VP and Ojo.

Conclusion:

VP and Ojo are free for all deaf people. That's why I like it because hearing people buy a regular phone which cost about 20 dollars. The VP/Ojo is not cheap which cost 300 dollars, but fortunately for deaf to get them for free which is really worth it. I realized that it is better for us to have a different relay service on these devices without monopoly. Let's get them!

Pros:

VP100's screen quality is not that great and shown more graphic that does not give you a big picture. (I think.)

Cons:

VP200's remote is somewhat okay. It does not show me to hang it up, but there are two buttons to block the view and close the video screen.

The regular phone itself has a very small electricity power that does not have a plug to the outlet which is nice. (Some telephone has a transformer for speakers and caller ID.) Both VPs and Ojo require to have a plug to the outlet all the times which is common.

For Ojo:

Pros:

My opinion for the Pros is that it requires to have IP addresses in the phonebook because I like to have a separate between the Ojo and VP. It's because you wouldn't want to talk on VP in the living room if you have some companies watching you. You have a chance to have a privacy to talk with on Ojo.

Cons:

A few people complain that it is a small screen. I checked with mine, and I do not have a problem with that. I am not sure why they are complaining - perhaps they are very fat that doesn't fix it. (Don't ask me.) All you have to do is to move back away the screen that should not be a problem. You will solve the problem quickly.

It does not have a flash (i.e. LED lights). But, I was told that it "flashes" on the screen to let you know that someone is calling you. It also has one little blue LED that tells you that you have a message(s). I am pretty sure that we will have a 3rd party wireless home-pager soon for both VP and Ojo.

Conclusion:

VP and Ojo are free for all deaf people. That's why I like it because hearing people buy a regular phone which cost about 20 dollars. The VP/Ojo is not cheap which cost 300 dollars, but fortunately for deaf to get them for free which is really worth it. I realized that it is better for us to have a different relay service on these devices without monopoly. Let's get them!

Well put!! I agree with you all the way on your pros an cons. I don't have a problems with my ojo so I pretty much love my ojo than VP. It's worth it. :)

Pros:

Cons:

For Ojo:

Pros:

Cons:

Conclusion:

Well put!! I agree with you all the way on your pros an cons. I don't have a problems with my ojo so I pretty much love my ojo than VP. It's worth it. :)

Z OJO begins to spread out NOW... It's ever better than Snapvrs OJO... why ? you could edit your friend and hearing friend's address information on your profile via ZVRS And then, it will automatically update to your Z OJO. You can see that you won't be frustrated with adding names by OJO remote anymore. Just simple... go to the webiste, ZVRS and click on Z OJO information.

Z OJO begins to spread out NOW... It's ever better than Snapvrs OJO... why ? you could edit your friend and hearing friend's address information on your profile via ZVRS And then, it will automatically update to your Z OJO. You can see that you won't be frustrated with adding names by OJO remote anymore. Just simple... go to the webiste, ZVRS and click on Z OJO information.

Very interestin'! I just looked up and get the idea of what Z OJO looks like. Since you mentioned that they will provide Z OJO for free, how about Z 340 ? Will they provide it for free, too or will they charge deaf people to get Z 340 ? :)

Very interestin'! I just looked up and get the idea of what Z OJO looks like. Since you mentioned that they will provide Z OJO for free, how about Z 340 ? Will they provide it for free, too or will they charge deaf people to get Z 340 ? :)

z340 charge you for 99 dollar.. so z ojo isn't free..i think but i ain't sure about that ;)

And....you don't need to bother to dial IP address anymore. You can use 10-digit numbers to call on OJO. ALL OJO works with 10-digit numbers only if you register your E911 with SnapVRS with your name and your current address. After you register, they will update your OJO and will put in new 10 digit numbers. Then you can be able to allow to call 10 digit numbers to call anyone. :)

And....you don't need to bother to dial IP address anymore. You can use 10-digit numbers to call on OJO. ALL OJO works with 10-digit numbers only if you register your E911 with SnapVRS with your name and your current address. After you register, they will update your OJO and will put in new 10 digit numbers. Then you can be able to allow to call 10 digit numbers to call anyone. :)

Oh, just like any other videophone such as Purple (MVP). :)
Once, deaf people order Z-340 or any other videophone, they don't have to worry about workin' their butts off to email deaf people and have them to sign up so they could get MVP (Purple) for free. I have some friends who are already have their own Purple and it apparently to me that I have no more deaf people who are not a member of Purple or don't receive MVP. That got me stuck. :lol: Soo, I am considerin' to BUY one instead of sittin' there and try to figure it out. I am not the type of person who will sit by the computer all day. I have things to do in my life. :lol: Oh, well....

Back