Ojo Videophone (Snap!VRS)

That's odd that they would charge a monthly rate for it. i doubt many would be willing to pay that, especially since a D-Link videophone can be purchased and used with no monthly rate.

That's odd that they would charge a monthly rate for it. i doubt many would be willing to pay that, especially since a D-Link videophone can be purchased and used with no monthly rate.

Yup, we do feel sorry for hearings. It's for deafie to use free. :giggle::giggle: Kidding..

Catty

We have 3G here in America all over and soon will have WiMAX.

Sprint, Verizon , Alltel and other CDMA wireless provider has 3G 1xEVDO high speed also 4G 3xEVDO will be release in 2010 or later depend on provider to introduce new 4G network upgrade .

AT&T Mobility (formerly Cingular Wireless) has 3G High Speed ----T-Mobile does not have it right now.

YES!!! I heard that WiMAX will be release soon after 2009 .... NTSC (analog) television will be off air forever 2/17/2009. but If you have a HDTV or TV has built-in digital tuner (ATSC) it will contiune to work over the air (OTA)... UHF will no longer channel 52 to over. WiMAX will take over UHF channel 52 or higher (about 700mhz or higher).

You don't need to use landline, if you don't have phone number that you want to use for Ojo, they will provide one for you at no additional charge. You can plug in land phone line into Ojo if you have one, I believe it's for using wirless handset phone to speak in.. Not sure since then I am deaf LOL

Yes you can get calls from VP100 or VP200 you might had given them your Ojo Phone number which will not work. They need to call you by your IP number don't forget the (.) in betweens of IP numbers. That include calling VP 100- VP 200

Bill Care to talk in Ojo sometimes? my # is 19548092309. The # Will be change soon. I only use phone while I'm at work from 9-5 mon-fri but I use Ojo all the times for work, talk, etc.

Also I had spoke to Snap!Vrs supervisor about getting Directory for Ojo user and the find it very good idea. They will do everything to try to set it up as soon as possible. They are very good service.

You still will get calls from VP users to your OJO. If you want to use OJO, turn off your VP to have calls directly to your OJO. If you want use VP200 or VP100, turn off your OJO have directly call to your VP. Since both are in same router and both are in same IP addresses. OJO is stronger than VP steals all the receiving calls if both VP100/200 and OJO are on. That one BIGGEST thing I dont like. SO we put our OJO away in closet not gonna use it for while and use our VP from now on.

OJO shutdown

I guess..after receiving email from the CEO of OJO, we will not be able to use our OJO's for a while. Check it out for yourself! Snap!VRS Video Relay Services | Sign Language Telephone Communication

In there it say that WorldGate is trying to shutdown operations because of no-payment from SnapVRS, so since that happened, Worldgate is trying to shutdown OJO server.

Groan!! Mean go to arbitration. If that not work out, then go to Court. Man...OJO was REALLY good. I use it a WHOLE LOT. Guess I will just put it back in the box and wait out to see what SnapVRS and WorldGate decide on. I bet you it take LONG TIME to sort out. GROAN GROAN GROAN!!

This is very disappointing news to me on several levels. :(

I recommend everyone not use OJO and VP200 at the same time even VP100. I have both of them and then sudden. My VP200 is no longer get call and learn that OJO has taken over the router to become OJO primary which I didn't accept that one.

So I put OJO away since I use OJO as answer machine. So I will wait until Sorenson make answer machine. I think and believe Sorenson will create one but when and not know.

You still will get calls from VP users to your OJO. If you want to use OJO, turn off your VP to have calls directly to your OJO. If you want use VP200 or VP100, turn off your OJO have directly call to your VP. Since both are in same router and both are in same IP addresses. OJO is stronger than VP steals all the receiving calls if both VP100/200 and OJO are on. That one BIGGEST thing I don't like. SO we put our OJO away in closet not gonna use it for while and use our VP from now on.

PLUS! I heard that WiMAX is cheaper not like another wireless or 3G costs are not the same as WiMAX because it not require big signal. So I am looking forward to use that videophone or any VRS relate with laptop to use it!

Sprint, Verizon , Alltel and other CDMA wireless provider has 3G 1xEVDO high speed also 4G 3xEVDO will be release in 2010 or later depend on provider to introduce new 4G network upgrade .

AT&T Mobility (formerly Cingular Wireless) has 3G High Speed ----T-Mobile does not have it right now.

YES!!! I heard that WiMAX will be release soon after 2009 .... NTSC (analog) television will be off air forever 2/17/2009. but If you have a HDTV or TV has built-in digital tuner (ATSC) it will contiune to work over the air (OTA)... UHF will no longer channel 52 to over. WiMAX will take over UHF channel 52 or higher (about 700mhz or higher).

I recommend everyone not use OJO and VP200 at the same time even VP100. I have both of them and then sudden. My VP200 is no longer get call and learn that OJO has taken over the router to become OJO primary which I didn't accept that one.

So I put OJO away since I use OJO as answer machine. So I will wait until Sorenson make answer machine. I think and believe Sorenson will create one but when and not know.

Actually I have a Ojo and VP100. There are two waays to fix this, IIRC:

1) Set static IP Addresses for both of the devices through the device's network and connection settings. Give the DMZ to the VP200 and the SIP ports to the Ojo.

or:

2) Turn the VP 200 on first ALWAYS and let it finish its bootup. Then turn on the Ojo and you should have all h323 calls going to the VP and all SIP calls to the ojo

Actually I have a Ojo and VP100. There are two waays to fix this, IIRC:

1) Set static IP Addresses for both of the devices through the device's network and connection settings. Give the DMZ to the VP200 and the SIP ports to the Ojo.

or:

2) Turn the VP 200 on first ALWAYS and let it finish its bootup. Then turn on the Ojo and you should have all h323 calls going to the VP and all SIP calls to the ojo

I wonder about some brands of Router (Wireless router too) have UPnP support "Plug n Play" which autoconfigurs firewall if there are hardware that have UPnP ready. here's the description.

UPNP
UPnP (Universal Plug-and-Play) is a technology that offers seamless operation of voice messaging, video messaging, games, and other applications that are UPnP compliant. Some applications require the Router's firewall to be configured in a specific way to operate properly. This usually requires opening TCP and UDP ports and in some instances setting trigger ports. An application that is UPnP compliant has the ability to communicate with the Router, basically "telling" the Router which way it needs the firewall configured. The Router ships with the UPnP feature disabled. If you are using any applications that are UPnP compliant, and wish to take advantage of the UPnP features, you can enable the UPnP feature. Simply select "Enable" in the "UPnP Enabling" section of the Utilities page. Click "Apply Changes" to save the change. (Extracted from my Belkin N Router's info)

I wonder if that cause Ojo "reconfigurs the firewall ect which cause Sorenson VP200 not able to function on network?

I MAY BE wrong :dunno::dunno::dunno:

Catty

Right now that "OJO" is out of service becasue they are now going out of business. So, unless "OJO" can find a sponsor to get it back up and running. So far that what I got the news from "OJO" company.

OJO seem not that shut down but some what I found the website seem interesting about SNAPVRS.. Worldgate: Shut down (phillyBurbs.com) | Money

Yes, I seen this before, couple days ago. Also they say it can shut down "unless" they find a new sponsers to keep OJO business running. It can go out of business unless they get sponsers to pay for the business to keep it going. So as of now it out of service.

Yes, I seen this before, couple days ago. Also they say it can shut down "unless" they find a new sponsers to keep OJO business running. It can go out of business unless they get sponsers to pay for the business to keep it going. So as of now it out of service.

VRS is funded through mandated contributions from all common carriers that go into a national fund administrated by the National Exchange Carrier Association, Inc. (“NECA”). The FCC is charged with determining the rate that ensures appropriate compensation to VRS providers.

Video Relay Services - National Association of the Deaf

Right now VRS SNAP "OJO" is already back in service so everything is fine now.. they already back in service.

Right now VRS SNAP "OJO" is already back in service so everything is fine now.. they already back in service.

Thats great!!!! I hope they get more funding. I don't like the style of the ojo myself, but for those who do its great.

Back