Oh My!....what's that smell?

rockin'robin

Reaction score
Was watching an episode of The Doctors this early AM, talking about Flatuence (farting)....

They were saying not to hold in ur farts....to let them go!...and my being sort of "old school", I never felt it was "lady-like" to fart in public. I always went to a quiet place or the bathroom for that...

And I do get upset if someone farts on my sofa or chair, even my dining room chairs...or even if I'm having a conversation with someone and they "let it rip"!....

Knowing that letting go of our "natural gases" is good for us, but how do you feel about people farting in public, at the dinner table...even someone you're conversing with?

Was watching an episode of The Doctors this early AM, talking about Flatuence (farting)....

They were saying not to hold in ur farts....to let them go!...and my being sort of "old school", I never felt it was "lady-like" to fart in public. I always went to a quiet place or the bathroom for that...

And I do get upset if someone farts on my sofa or chair, even my dining room chairs...or even if I'm having a conversation with someone and they "let it rip"!....

Knowing that letting go of our "natural gases" is good for us, but how do you feel about people farting in public, at the dinner table...even someone you're conversing with?
My farts usually don't smell, honest to God! But it doesn't mean that I fart around people. BTW, one deaf co-worker who was from Morocco always does so that's why many co-workers can't stand him. You would kick him out of your house. :lol:

I'm with you. I don't believe it's appropriate behavior to have a "fluffy" around people. Nothing wrong with it, as you say it's natural... But it's best to excuse yourself to a private place. IMO of course. :)

Last edited:
HAHAHAHAHAHAhahaha...

It reminds me of the time I was at a superbowl party at someone's house around 1990. The hostess, who is deaf, was milling about getting food out into the living room, and I farted. Then she said like a school teacher, "Okay, who farted?" Ooops! I was caught. LOL

But seriously, what's the big deal? It's just body noises... What is it with Americans?

I'm with you.

There are a lot of body functions that are "natural" but that doesn't mean it's appropriate to let loose with everything in public. One should be considerate of other people's senses.

Frat house living with farts and belches and hackers is not for me. Ugh!

When I was kid if me or one of my younger brothers or sisters, there are 5 of them, were farting and farting my mom would tell us to go in the bathroom and not to come out until we went poop. lol

Yeah, I can't see this catching on, just letting them out whenever, where ever. You just don't do that, if it was something that would be unnoticeable that might be one thing, but generally they're pretty damn noticeable, especially if they're the kind that not even hearing people can hear!!!

I'm lactose intolerant now, if I've had dairy......and if I was just letting them go....I think I'd get lynched.

HAHAHAHAHAHAhahaha...

It reminds me of the time I was at a superbowl party at someone's house around 1990. The hostess, who is deaf, was milling about getting food out into the living room, and I farted. Then she said like a school teacher, "Okay, who farted?" Ooops! I was caught. LOL

But seriously, what's the big deal? It's just body noises... What is it with Americans?

Do you want to smell gaseous poop when you're around other people?

I don't think it's mystery why it's inappropriate to far in public...

With friends and family, one might be more relaxed, but there's a limit.

Well - I will say, there are times when you just can't hold them back. Also, I have held them back and had massive medical issues and so I never do anymore. Also, since I can no longer have dairy, I am not as gassy as before.

I would hope someone would excuse themselves to a private area and let loose.

This is why crop dusting is fantastic. No evidence, no shame!

Good grief! As far as I knew, ladies don't even sweat!! :ugh:

I don't have problem with people farting, as long as they do it on their own time and not in a place where other people are. I don't want to smell other people's farts. I don't want to smell my own, but if I have to... I'll do it so that only I suffer and no one else.

I might do it just for the hell of it if I'm with a couple friends. ;)

If you have party at your house and have a dog. You can always blame the dog whenever you farted.

(Fart)
Me: (looking at Sammy) Sammy! When are you going to learn not to fart in public place!
Sammy: (ears drooped low, tail wrapped in between the legs, head low, walking away slowly)
Me: Sorry everyone... typical of dog you know???

Problem solved.

Years ago, I went camping with a bunch of friends. One afternoon, there were four of us in my friend's SUV driving around looking for a place to hike. I was sitting in the back on the passenger side. Something started to smell. I blamed the driver. The driver denied it and started blaming my friend sitting next to me. Then my friend sitting in front of me joined in and blamed my friend sitting next to me. He kept saying it wasn't him. Finally, he said... "If it was really me, it would smell like this..." *farts* Suddenly, we were gasping for air. At the end, we said... "Okay, okay, okay... it was YOU!!!" pointing back to the driver again. ;)

Fart stories always make me laugh. I wonder if I'll ever outgrow this.

I haven't and I'm 47! People without humor sound like they have an enema up theirs. Of course, I don't do it in front of people unless it's close friends.

People are so uptight. Uptight about sex. Doing the right thing when you're young instead of experimenting with different people. It feels like the Ori with their lack of humor have arrived and converted an entire nation of rowdy rock music lovers into a sepulchral nation of funeral music lovers.

:roll:

:laugh2:

Ohh!! Ohh!! While I'm on a roll here! You heard the romantic saying, "Where have you been all my life?" My response is "Waiting for you to get over thinking that getting married, having kids, getting the white collar job, ad nauseum is the right thing to do." Of course, I'm speaking as a transwoman wanting to get it on with a female lover.

I haven't and I'm 47! People without humor sound like they have an enema up theirs. Of course, I don't do it in front of people unless it's close friends.

People are so uptight. Uptight about sex. Doing the right thing when you're young instead of experimenting with different people. It feels like the Ori with their lack of humor have arrived and converted an entire nation of rowdy rock music lovers into a sepulchral nation of funeral music lovers.

:roll:

:laugh2:

:hmm:....:giggle:

Liquids and solid excrement is accounted for in the restroom, gas should join those two. I have a friend who demonstrated powering up a motorcycle, this guy even stinks rigjt up there like what actually comes out of a muffler!

Back