Office 2010

MDCodeRedFreak

Reaction score
Anyone got it? I did - albeit early.

Looks nicer than 2007 - every application has that thick Ribbon toolbar now.

Last edited:
threadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Grr - fine here it is .... the product ID # is already erased off from the 2nd screenshot.

See attached.

Attachments

• Word 2010 screenshot.jpg
    Word 2010 screenshot.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Word 2010 screenshot 2.jpg
    Word 2010 screenshot 2.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 18
Why overpay when you can get Open Office for free?

Grr - fine here it is .... the product ID # is already erased off from the 2nd screenshot.

See attached.

Why delay too long after 5 days?

Office 2010 looks alright and almost same like Office 2007.

So, What's different between 2007 and 2010?

I have MS office 2007 software when had purchased new Dell desktop computer. But I had download free Open Office for my Macbook.

Just a nicer Ribbon UI applied in all applications including Project and Visio in 2010, new icons (again), and tight SharePoint integration.

I like them all, except SharePoint Designer (though it's now a free download) - you have to have SharePoint Foundation Server 2010 installed (on the same computer or on a network - mine is on a network) in order to use SPD.

New 64-bit edition alongside 32-bit - hallelujah!

Groove 2007 has been renamed to SharePoint Workspace 2010 - dumb move IMO.

InfoPath 2010 has been split in 2 - Forms Designer and Forms Filler - in my opinion, that's a dumb move.

Office Accounting has been discontinued (last version is 2009) - hallelujah.

Visio has a new edition added - Standard ($300-something) and Pro ($569) is the same as before, and a new one "Premium" - advanced diagramming and stuff. More expensive than the Pro - I saw that it costs a thousand bucks retail.

The naming scheme (like "Microsoft Office Word 2007," etc) has returned to just "Microsoft Word 2010," etc BUT is still in the Program Files folder "Microsoft Office." While I can't speak for the customers who wanted name simplicity, I can understand complexity just as well. So, I renamed all of them to "Microsoft Office Word 2010," etc.

All in all though, 2010 is a nice upgrade to 2007 - like when 2003 is a nicer upgrade to 2002. I'd recommend 2010 to all.

Why overpay when you can get Open Office for free?

Open Office isn't for everyone.

I prefer MS Office over Open Office and iWork, even on Mac too.

Of course, some of my CIS courses require MS Office.

See attached.

In first screenshot, is that menu bar functioning as tabs (Word 2007)? I'm curious about how File menu look like. Too bad about MS Office 2010 does not have big button just like 2007 version does. I like that button bc it is easy to find quickly.

I have MS Office 2007 and it is belonged to my mom. Office 2010 sounds nice to upgrade the Office 2007.

Just a nicer Ribbon UI applied in all applications including Project and Visio in 2010, new icons (again), and tight SharePoint integration.

I like them all, except SharePoint Designer (though it's now a free download) - you have to have SharePoint Foundation Server 2010 installed (on the same computer or on a network - mine is on a network) in order to use SPD.

New 64-bit edition alongside 32-bit - hallelujah!

Groove 2007 has been renamed to SharePoint Workspace 2010 - dumb move IMO.

InfoPath 2010 has been split in 2 - Forms Designer and Forms Filler - in my opinion, that's a dumb move.

Office Accounting has been discontinued (last version is 2009) - hallelujah.

Visio has a new edition added - Standard ($300-something) and Pro ($569) is the same as before, and a new one "Premium" - advanced diagramming and stuff. More expensive than the Pro - I saw that it costs a thousand bucks retail.

The naming scheme (like "Microsoft Office Word 2007," etc) has returned to just "Microsoft Word 2010," etc BUT is still in the Program Files folder "Microsoft Office." While I can't speak for the customers who wanted name simplicity, I can understand complexity just as well. So, I renamed all of them to "Microsoft Office Word 2010," etc.

All in all though, 2010 is a nice upgrade to 2007 - like when 2003 is a nicer upgrade to 2002. I'd recommend 2010 to all.

Very well!!

I just wonder why you use Office 2010 32bit? I don't use 32bit software/driver anymore.

Also, what Microsoft Access 2010 looks like?

Very well!!

I just wonder why you use Office 2010 32bit? I don't use 32bit software/driver anymore.

Also, what Microsoft Access 2010 looks like?

Access 2010 uses 3 different file formats - the one from 2000, the one from 2002/2003, and the one from 2007. When you launch Access, you are then greeted with a screen with the "open," "create new," etc.

I have both 32 and 64 bit of Office 2010, the whole enchilada (Office Pro Plus, SPD, Project Pro, and Visio Premium - I also have the whole enchilada of 2002, 2003 and 2007 as well :D ) - because I could be working on my 32-bit desktop or on my 64-bit laptop. I already have a 64-bit server - yup, 3 computers that I own. Btw, Office 2010 is the first 64-bit version.

BTW, 32-bit programs do work just fine on 64-bit operating systems - there are 2 Program Files folders in the 64-bit OS - just plain "Program Files" for 64-bit progs and the "Program Files (x86)" for 32-bit progs.

Back