Odd question for you guys....

JustinZ28

Reaction score
I feel its an odd question atleast. Im looking into getting a townhouse and I would to get a roommate to just help with some bills not even really pay rent, just help with bills. But I want an HOH or Deaf roomie. How would I even go about looking for one, and not be rude to hearing and say no sorry? There a website I can goto to look for hoh or deaf roomies???

mostly college do have publish in their newspaper or advertise. But, maybe u have to ask some deafies or hoh that u re interesting to have a homey that can be share but pay half. I don't think its rude for the hearing, they have to understand ur true wish. Good luck.

You can ask around through the deaf churches, deaf club, deaf community and colleges where deaf people go to and things like that. It's not that hard to do so.

Good luck, JustinZ28 and hope you find one without a problem. :)

Hehe yea, lot of ppl respond to my posting on roommate.com... And my first response is u hoh or deaf... and they get so angry.... oh well I dont think its rude of me just my preference

Yeah, you are right. Just be yourself and follow your comfort zone and be happy with it. ;)

Word of mouth will avoid hurt feelings, I think. LOL.

perhaps either create a new thread and/or
create a new sub-forum
"Look for Roomates
for the specific deaf event weekend or for one year "
at the Advertisement section right here on Alldeaf.com !!?!?!?

and/or create new deafroomates.com something like that ...

JustinZ28 said:
lol me host a website!?!?!?! i cant even manage my myspace account hehehe

alright, then why not advertise right here on alldeaf
we have "Advertisement" section here....

Well I own a two bedroom Condominium and as much a tightwad as I am
when it comes to electrical expenses how rude would it be for me to say
I only want a blind renter in my home? How am I to advertise without
being sued for discrimination?

Back