Odd but surprisingly good food

A favorite salad dressing - mirin or rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, toasted sesame seeds, a slice of fresh ginger, a small garlic clove, crushed and one or two heaping tablespoons of sweet orange marmalade with a few drops of soy along with a liberal dash of pepper. Serve this over grilled potabello mushrooms.
Oddly delicious. This is especially good with dried red pepper flakes.

My grandma used to make pineapple slice sandwiches with miracle whip on white bread.

My kids love to eat grape jam on sage flavored breakfast sausage.

A favorite salad dressing - mirin or rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, toasted sesame seeds, a slice of fresh ginger, a small garlic clove, crushed and one or two heaping tablespoons of sweet orange marmalade with a few drops of soy along with a liberal dash of pepper. Serve this over grilled potabello mushrooms.

Sounds great!! I will have to give that a try.

My son and daughter are both exceptional cooks. One had classical chef training and the other won a letter in culinary arts. I swipe all the good recipes. ha!

Sure. Most Americans don't even think about Pesto on the pizza instead of that heavy tomato sauce. I like to use sundried tomato pesto as my sauce. Much lighter and good garlic and basil flavors.

I do not think I seen sundried tomato pesto in a store, I love tomato and garlic. Who put this out ?
I like pizza with pineapple , but I can't eat a lot as it too acidity for me,

My grandma used to make pineapple slice sandwiches with miracle whip on white bread.

My kids love to eat grape jam on sage flavored breakfast sausage.

The salad dressing sounds great! My husband used to love the same sandwich only with bacon. He used it as a substitute for his favorite BLT when tomatoes were out of season.

I have a recipe for an appetizer that is the L'il Smoky sausage links with grape jelly and hot sauce as the sauce. Just melt the jelly, add the hot sauce, toss in the sausages, and you are good to go.

I do not think I seen sundried tomato pesto in a store, I love tomato and garlic. Who put this out ?

You might find it at Trader Joes or in a health food store.

The brand I buy is Classico. Strangely enough, the only place I can find it is Walmart. The grocery stores all have the regular basil pesto, but that is the only place I can find the sundried tomato one. It comes in a small jar, but goes a really long way because you don't use much at a time.

You could also make your own in a blender with sundried tomatoes, garlic, parmesan cheese, basil, and pine nuts with olive oil.

The brand I buy is Classico. Strangely enough, the only place I can find it is Walmart. The grocery stores all have the regular basil pesto, but that is the only place I can find the sundried tomato one. It comes in a small jar, but goes a really long way because you don't use much at a time.

You could also make your own in a blender with sundried tomatoes, garlic, parmesan cheese, basil, and pine nuts with olive oil.

Thanks, I will see if my store carry is , I do not shop at Walmart, as I do not like their treatment of women .

I should make that tomorrow as I have all the ingredents except for the nuts and I'll use walnuts instead. I don't think I have seen sundried pesto where I live.

Back