Occupy Boston is being evicted!!!!

deafdyke

Reaction score
If you're in Boston, please go...they have over 500 people there already! YEAH!!!!!!! Even if you're not in Boston, please call Boston Mayor Menino to let him know you do not support any eviction and will not contribute tourist dollars to the city: 617.635.4500

Call Boston Police Commisioner Davis to tell him to join the protesters in standing up for first amendment rights or to report any police brutality: 617.343.4200

Occupy Toronto had been evicted, too. There are volunteers cleaning up the park or parks. I don't know about Occupy Ottawa. I have not heard anything yet. **sigh** I can not afford the trip to Toronto or Ottawa. :(

YAY!!!!! They stopped the eviction! There's a weekend long anti eviction party at Occupy Boston! YEAH!!!!

YAY!!!!! They stopped the eviction! There's a weekend long anti eviction party at Occupy Boston! YEAH!!!!

That is not good , this is a real health risk with winter coming ! You have homeless people living there too, who know what they have. Drugs dealers been hanging around the protesters too. I am sick of hearing about this on the news. I was watching Jay Leno last night and the news broke in to tell about the eviction! I could give a crap! And this is costing the cities money cleaning up after the protesters and overtime for the polices . Tax payers will have to pay for this!

Why do you hate American free speech? Consider expatriating.

That is not good , this is a real health risk with winter coming ! You have homeless people living there too, who know what they have. Drugs dealers been hanging around the protesters too. I am sick of hearing about this on the news. I was watching Jay Leno last night and the news broke in to tell about the eviction! I could give a crap! And this is costing the cities money cleaning up after the protesters and overtime for the polices . Tax payers will have to pay for this!

We cannot afford not to stop corporate and Wall Street greed. The costs of the protests are a drop in the bucket when compared to the real cost of greed.

It's kind of funny when Americans complain about the mess. It's too cold and messy to protest. I can't see any of these people dumping tea in the harbor.

It's kind of funny when Americans complain about the mess. It's too cold and messy to protest. I can't see any of these people dumping tea in the harbor.

Don't underestimate them. It will be their Valley Forge this winter.

We cannot afford not to stop corporate and Wall Street greed. The costs of the protests are a drop in the bucket when compared to the real cost of greed.

Those costs are not being paid by the "greedy" though. Those costs are being paid by the citizens. Seems like they could come up with better methods than dressing up like clowns and zombies and trashing the place. *shrug*

Those costs are not being paid by the "greedy" though. Those costs are being paid by the citizens. Seems like they could come up with better methods than dressing up like clowns and zombies and trashing the place. *shrug*

They don't dress up as clowns and zombies. Eye of the beholder and all that.

Beowulf, I wasn't referring to the protestors. They're passionate and hardy. I was talking about the people who complain about the protestors.

Beowulf, I wasn't referring to the protestors. They're passionate and hardy. I was talking about the people who complain about the protestors.

Imagine my relief. I was just waiting for someone to criticize the dressing styles of the Valley Forge soldiers. :giggle:

Tax payers should not have to pay for the protesters mess! I would really pissed off if there where protesters in my city and I had to pay for their mess!
Do you really think this will stop corporate greed? My city is small there are less than 20,000 people living here , we have a CVS that just took over a White Hen Pantry store , so CVS almost double it size. Now CVS want to build a second store in our little city and CVS want have the road made over for them! And it looks city the city is going let CVS get their way , people are going to town meetings to fight this but it did not work . Money talk!

Tax payers should not have to pay for the protesters mess! I would really pissed off if there where protesters in my city and I had to pay for their mess!
Do you really think this will stop corporate greed? My city is small there are less than 20,000 people living here , we have a CVS that just took over a White Hen Pantry store , so CVS almost double it size. Now CVS want to build a second store in our little city and CVS want have the road made over for them! And it looks city the city is going let CVS get their way , people are going to town meetings to fight this but it did not work . Money talk!

Yeah, I know it is frustrating. But I bet if all 20,000 people went to the meeting, it would stop them. I guess not enough people showed up.

Why do you hate American free speech? Consider expatriating.

I am not against free speech, but if you really think of it the protesters are costing cities money they do not have and when the cities and states need more money guess where it come from! From people that pay taxes and people are having a hard enough time with out having to pay to clean up after the protesters and have cops work over times. The protesters are putting more burden on working people. They can protest then go home . I heard it smelled like urine at the site and that is a health risk.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/23/occupy-protests-cost_n_1109695.html

Back