Obama says he will bankrupt new coal power plants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solar power panels is very popular in Germany. I consider to have one next year or 2010.

Solar power panels is very popular in Germany. I consider to have one next year or 2010.

I hope you have enough money for it... it ain't cheap. unless your government provides incentive for it. it is normally tax deductible.

I hope you have enough money for it... it ain't cheap. unless your government provides incentive for it. it is normally tax deductible.

Yes I aware it and want to have it for quite time. Solar panels on the roof are very common in Germany. We have saving for this. We planned to color the outside wall of our house but we changed our mind for solar panels roof.

Check my posts about Solar panels roof and link is also included as well.

http://www.alldeaf.com/general-chat/54880-geez-i-called-oil-heat-today.html

Yes I will get subsidy from government and also tax reduction for 8 years for praise to support environment-friendly.

What practical alternatives do you suggest for residential use and commercial manufacturing power plants?

I missed this part but I believe that nuclear power could be a viable alternative, along with solar and wind.

What kind of question is this? Is this how you put down people by asking stupid questions?

Hello? Black lung disease? cO2 pollution?
There's nothing stupid about asking about trade-offs. I think it should be done more often. Stupid decisions are made all the time by people who think inquiring about trade-offs is stupid.

So you are not in favor of reducing our dependence on fossil fuels?
Did you not read the entire sentence?

"Allowing the coal plants while still developing new and improved energy sources."

Ladies and Gentlemen.... DO NOT WORRY!

New German coal power plant to capture CO2
New Swedish technology to capture and store waste carbon dioxide will be used to build a new German coal-fired power plant.
Vattenfall, a Swedish company, which owns coal mines and power stations in Germany, plans to start construction next year.

The technology being developed is designed primarily for use with lignite, or brown coal, which is one of eastern Germany's primary mineral resources.

"We believe coal has a future," project leader Markus Sauthoff told the BBC. He said it would also help German profits within the European Union's carbon dioxide trading system.

Launched on Jan 1, 2005, the plan allows European companies that emit less carbon dioxide than allowed under set quotas can sell unused allotments, or credits to those who overshoot the target.

First oxyfuel "clean coal" power plant to open in Germany
Germany leads 'clean coal' pilot

In layman's term - that new coal power plant in Germany will be powered by coal but the its CO2 emission will captured and pressurized and stored underground. That means - it will not significantly contribute to global warming.

Solar panels might not work in our neighborhood because the trees are so tall and shady.

My friends in Micronesia wanted solar panels because their electricity is about 10 times the cost to produce there. But the coconuts falling out of the trees were too destructive for the panels. They also thought about windmills but they're concerned about hurricane damage.

There are pros and cons to every system. That's why I favor using a variety of systems for energy. One "size" does not fit all.

To that current link, I like it. Definitely much worth it. :)
I think I am less worried about our Earth now. ;)

Solar panels might not work in our neighborhood because the trees are so tall and shady.

My friends in Micronesia wanted solar panels because their electricity is about 10 times the cost to produce there. But the coconuts falling out of the trees were too destructive for the panels. They also thought about windmills but they're concerned about hurricane damage.

There are pros and cons to every system. That's why I favor using a variety of systems for energy. One "size" does not fit all.

I would LOVE to have a geothermal power source for my house but then again - we live in a solid rock zone (which is why we don't have earthquake in Eastern Coast. Western Coast has soft malleable ground which is prone to earthquake and the shocks from Pacific Islands... just an interesting geology tidbit).

That's great about new technology would involve with reduce or remove the CO2 from coal, I'm expected that sea level would become stable but really hard due China and possibly India.

I would LOVE to have a geothermal power source for my house but then again - we live in a solid rock zone (which is why we don't have earthquake in Eastern Coast. Western Coast has soft malleable ground which is prone to earthquake and the shocks from Pacific Islands... just an interesting geology tidbit).
South Carolina is prone to earthquakes, in addition to hurricanes, so that limits some forms of energy that we can use.

South Carolina is prone to earthquakes, in addition to hurricanes, so that limits some forms of energy that we can use.

Sorry I have to rephrase - it's especially north-eastern area that is not earthquake-prone. As for South Carolina - earthquake is not uncommon though. The last time you had a disastrous earthquake was in 1886. Southern area of USA is susceptible to earthquake (but uncommon for east-southern area of USA). However - this does not mean we (north-eastern area) will never get an earthquake.

There's a huge disadvantage though - believe me... I would rather be in LA than here if earthquake does occur because since I live on rock-solid ground, the shock could be like living next to atomic bomb explosion. Soft ground (western coast) absorbs most of damaging shockwave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back