Liebling:-)))

Sussi *7.7.86 - 18.6.09*
Premium Member
Reaction score
Obama rejects McCain´s mortgage buyup plan

Campaign says plan would force government overpay for bad loans

Obama rejects McCain's mortgage buyup plan - Barack Obama News - MSNBC.com

Yes, Obama make a good sense.

McCain´s suggestion would cost taxpayers more.

McCain would buy bad houseowner mortgages

McCain would buy bad mortgages - John McCain News - MSNBC.com

I don´t agree with McCain because the houseowners are the responsible for their senseless, not Government.

His suggestion is not good because it would hurt economy if the houseowners cannot acheive their month payment again?

I know for long months before 1st Debate that McCain is not brilliant man.

Last edited:
McSame's plan totally smells like a 5-day dead fish wrapped on a copy of the Wall Street Journal. Buying up those mortgages is going to add a lot to the National Debt. Not to mention the banks are going to lauff their asses off when the government takes the mortgages off their hands.

It's a sign the McCain campaign is so desperate for votes they would try this gimmick. Too bad it backfired on him.

The McCain Palin campaign is a JOKE. Makes me wonder how they managed to add 2+2=5 with this shit. McCain/Palin is going to get PWN3D big time Nov. 4th. Barry Goldwater would be lauffing his ass off in Heaven (Goldwater was an AZ senator who ran against LBJ and got his ass landslided by LBJ in the 1964 elections)

I need to read several more sources to see both sides. I do know that we need to get our system fixed big time such as cutting down unnecessary funding and requiring those people employed by the United States government/companies working overseas to start paying their share of taxes.

Yup, I'm against this plan, I ain't going to spend my taxes on bad homeowners who make greedy or play with mortgage, foreclosure is always best for them if they couldn't afford or play games with mortgage.

Foreclosure is best option for them and learn the lesson about being huge mistake.

McCain wouldn't going make it without approve from congress, even he could fool them to get his votes. :roll:

Yup, I'm against this plan, I ain't going to spend my taxes on bad homeowners who make greedy or play with mortgage, foreclosure is always best for them if they couldn't afford or play games with mortgage.

Foreclosure is best option for them and learn the lesson about being huge mistake.

McCain wouldn't going make it without approve from congress, even he could fool them to get his votes. :roll:
What made you think they are bad homeowners who make greedy or play with mortgage? Many of them lost their jobs and could not make a meet to house payment plus most house payments here in Ca are too high and expensive. I have seen too many foreclourses around here and many of them collected unemployment checks so I do know why they lost thier homes.

I need to read several more sources to see both sides. I do know that we need to get our system fixed big time such as cutting down unnecessary funding and requiring those people employed by the United States government/companies working overseas to start paying their share of taxes.

As long as we don't use that tax money in the "bailout."

What made you think they are bad homeowners who make greedy or play with mortgage? Many of them lost their jobs and could not make a meet to house payment plus most house payments here in Ca are too high and expensive. I have seen too many foreclourses around here and many of them collected unemployment checks so I do know why they lost thier homes.

Question:

Did they found somewhere for houseowners to live after move out from houses?

As long as we don't use that tax money in the "bailout."

How?

Bush bailout $700 billion and said that the taxpayers should not pay extra.... now McCain plan to take $300 billion out of $700 billion bailout to bad houseowners mortgages without use taxpayers?

Nooooo the economy would collapse to deep.......

Obama rejects McCain´s mortgage buyup plan

Campaign says plan would force government overpay for bad loans

Obama rejects McCain's mortgage buyup plan - Barack Obama News - MSNBC.com

Yes, Obama make a good sense.

McCain´s suggestion would cost taxpayers more.

McCain would buy bad houseowner mortgages

McCain would buy bad mortgages - John McCain News - MSNBC.com

I don´t agree with McCain because the houseowners are the responsible for their senseless, not Government.

His suggestion is not good because it would hurt economy if the houseowners cannot acheive their month payment again?
Some interesting statements in your linked story:
...McCain's proposal to spend $300 billion in federal funds to buy distressed mortgages was a highlight of Tuesday's presidential debate, and it seemed to catch Obama off guard. At first, Obama's campaign said he had made similar proposals and there was nothing new in McCain's remarks.

But after McCain aides offered more details Wednesday, Obama's campaign shifted gears...

The statement did not detail why the plan would fail. Some mortgage officials, however, say the great majority of bad loans are owned by large pools of investors who would sell them only at prices much higher than their current worth...

Obama ridiculed McCain for recently saying "the fundamentals of our economy are strong." But in his 35-minute speech on a muddy harness-racing track, he made a similar argument...

Obama read his speech from a TelePrompTer, his habit in recent weeks. He strayed from the prepared text, however, to mention GOP vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin, the Alaska governor who has led her ticket's attacks on Obama....
URL: Obama rejects McCain's mortgage buyup plan - Barack Obama News - MSNBC.com

More flip flopping?

From your link at URL: McCain would buy bad mortgages - John McCain News - MSNBC.com
...The Republican presidential candidate announced during Tuesday's debate that he would order the federal government to spend $300 billion in federal funds to buy the mortgages and allow financially troubled homeowners to keep their houses.

Democratic nominee Barack Obama last month sounded a similar theme, proposing that the government consider taking such a step.

"I would order the secretary of the Treasury to immediately buy up the bad home-loan mortgages in America and renegotiate at the new value of those homes — at the diminished values of those homes — and let people be able to make those payments and stay in their homes," he said.
So McCain is doing what the liberals whined about--trying to help the middle class homeowners. But now the liberals complain about his plan.

Oh, I see. When Obama suggested a similar plan that was a good thing. When McCain suggests the same plan, it's a bad thing.

So the plan itself is neither good nor bad. It depends on who recommends it. Uh, huh.

...Many Republicans voted against the package, objecting to its size and to government intervention in the free market economy. McCain's step would represent an even greater role for government and potentially an even greater financial loss...
That's why conservatives are against the plan. I surprised that so many liberals agree with the conservatives on this issue.

"It's my proposal," McCain said. "It's not Sen. Obama's proposal. It's not President Bush's proposal."
Is that why the libs don't like it?

...Under the plan, the government would buy failing mortgages from homeowners and provide new fixed-rate mortgages. As a policy matter, the plan would likely have greater support among Democrats than Republicans. Economists with the liberal Center for American Progress have been pushing a similar idea for some time.
Hello? It's a LIBERAL plan!

"Sen. McCain believes this is exactly the right kind of policy," Holtz-Eakin said. "Provide direct help to homeowners; at the same time, support the financial markets and keep them from further damaging the availability of credit to Main Street America, one of the — the real threats to the economy at this point in time.
Hello? Supporting the middle class!

...In fact, at a news conference on Sept. 24, Obama said, "We should consider giving the government the authority to purchase mortgages directly instead of simply purchasing mortgage-backed securities."
Hello? Did Obama flip flop?

Days later, in a news release, he said he would "encourage Treasury to study the option of buying individual mortgages like we did successfully in the 1930s."
Hello? Is there an echo here?

This is too funny. :rofl:

How?

Bush bailout $700 billion and said that the taxpayers should not pay extra.... now McCain plan to take $300 billion out of $700 billion bailout to bad houseowners mortgages without use taxpayers?

Nooooo the economy would collapse to deep.......

I meant there shouldn't be a "bailout" at all. I was hoping (naively) for oversight, but it looks like all the money being thrown at the problem is going into someone's pocket. He probably makes Bill Gates look like a pauper.

It need find other plan for homeowners that's victim from foreclosure due job loss or legal reason, the bill that McCain propose it is no good, it shouldn't take out from bailout.

Obama V McCain

Opinion polls show Obama is in the lead but as all presidents and prime ministers in the past and present doesn't it go to show that no matter who gets in to lead any country as leader, after a while the parties stop listening to the public and do their own thing-shows in Blair's and now Brown over here in the uk-is politics worth bothering with anyway?:shock::hmm:

It need find other plan for homeowners that's victim from foreclosure due job loss or legal reason, the bill that McCain propose it is no good, it shouldn't take out from bailout.

Exactly

Some interesting statements in your linked story:

URL: Obama rejects McCain's mortgage buyup plan - Barack Obama News - MSNBC.com

More flip flopping?

From your link at URL: McCain would buy bad mortgages - John McCain News - MSNBC.com

So McCain is doing what the liberals whined about--trying to help the middle class homeowners. But now the liberals complain about his plan.

Oh, I see. When Obama suggested a similar plan that was a good thing. When McCain suggests the same plan, it's a bad thing.

So the plan itself is neither good nor bad. It depends on who recommends it. Uh, huh.

That's why conservatives are against the plan. I surprised that so many liberals agree with the conservatives on this issue.

Is that why the libs don't like it?

Hello? It's a LIBERAL plan!

Hello? Did Obama flip flop?

Hello? Is there an echo here?

This is too funny. :rofl:

Sorry, your post make no sense. I guess that you didn´t read full on both sides... or it seem to me that for you, enocomy is not important? Obama makie good sense about enocomy issue ..

McCain faces conservative backlash over mortgage plan
McCain faces conservative backlash over mortgage plan - CNN.com

It shows that Obama is right. Conservatives would disagree with you if you agree with McCain´s plan over support houseowners with $300 billion from $700 billion bailout.

I pasted the exact part of McCain´s where you pasted to response my post here... Did you click the "Tuesday´s debate" and read? Is it okay to continue to borrow money from other countries including China?

...The Republican presidential candidate announced during Tuesday's debate that he would order the federal government to spend $300 billion in federal funds to buy the mortgages and allow financially troubled homeowners to keep their houses.

Democratic nominee Barack Obama last month sounded a similar theme, proposing that the government consider taking such a step.

"I would order the secretary of the Treasury to immediately buy up the bad home-loan mortgages in America and renegotiate at the new value of those homes — at the diminished values of those homes — and let people be able to make those payments and stay in their homes," he said.

Reba´s post

If you mean all middle class? It didn´t say that McCain support middle class but houseowners whom they lost their houses, that´s all. It mean that all middle class may have to pay more tax for that. It doesn´t solve anything...

Sorry, your post make no sense. I guess that you didn´t read full on both sides... or it seem to me that for you, enocomy is not important? Obama makie good sense about enocomy issue ..
I absolutely read completely both of your links. I also posted the exact quotes from your links. Didn't you read your own links before posting them?

I absolutely read completely both of your links. I also posted the exact quotes from your links. Didn't you read your own links before posting them?

Yes I have and use my good common sense. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back