Obama legalizes horse slaughter for human consumption

I love duck. I've eaten "bambi" burgers. Those were good. I've tried Buffalo but I wasn't wild about it. Nor was I wild about rabbit but I think the methold used to cook it was unsuitable for the meat. Meat I want to try: wild boar meat, emu, elk and bear...

Wild boar is nasty unless you nueter it first and corn feed it for a month or so. Wild sows are what tastes good. :)

Bear was pretty good, once I got pass the thought of eating it.

Wild boar is nasty unless you nueter it first and corn feed it for a month or so. Wild sows are what tastes good. :)

Bear was pretty good, once I got pass the thought of eating it.

I'll have to keep that in mind. If I go to Fuddruckers again, I will have to order wild boar burger. Too bad most Fuddruckers are more than 100 miles from me. :(

We had duck for christmas dinner last year. And just down the block from where I live, one can buy various assortments of meats from rabbit to venison to caribou to duck to goose ...the list goes on. Game meats is becoming more popular with those wanting to avoid industrial farm meats.

And most game meats are lower in fats and healthier. I like duck if it is prepared properly, but I'm not too crazy about goose. Ate rabbit growing up, venison as an adult, but have not gotten around to trying caribou.

My dad told me that cats taste like chicken and human beings taste like pork. He was a POW in WWII.

here's a kicker - at chinatown which is just several blocks from my work.... there's a famous supermarket. at seafood section, everything is mostly alive. there was a huge bucket and I went closer to see what's in there. I gasped because it was a turtle as big as your dinner plate. I saw a customer pointing at turtle she wanted to buy and a butcher grabbed it... and killed it and bag'em up.

disgusting...

:shock:

i just threw up a little in my mouth..

thats so sad..poor turtle..

I have tried,

Deer, frog legs, gator tail, quail, rabbit, squirrel, possum, turtle, crawfish, duck, bison, bear and wild pig.

Some I just tasted... others I truly like. :)

Because I like you, I'm not going to mention this to Bubba. :(

Heh, if you think that's bad, don't visit Asia's marketplaces - I've seen animals and reptiles gutted while still alive. That was gruesome.

I am reminded of the comedian talking about the little old Asian woman who was getting on a city bus after having been shopping in the markets. She was holding a live chicken by the feet and it was flopping around and squawking. The bus driver told her she could not get on the bus with a live chicken; she got off the bus, slammed its head against the side of the bus, and got back on with the chicken dripping blood everywhere.:laugh2:

I am reminded of the comedian talking about the little old Asian woman who was getting on a city bus after having been shopping in the markets. She was holding a live chicken by the feet and it was flopping around and squawking. The bus driver told her she could not get on the bus with a live chicken; she got off the bus, slammed its head against the side of the bus, and got back on with the chicken dripping blood everywhere.:laugh2:

I'm sure that the other bus riders were trying hard to not to stare. :giggle:

I've had buffalo, frog legs, elk, ostrich and some others. They all tastes a bit different from each other.

Back