O.J. Simpson Not Getting A Retrial, Nevada Supreme Court Rules

I honestly don't like the guy, but it feels like such old news at this point. More than 20 years. You'd think the family could just move on at this point. Nothing will bring their daughter back after all this time, whether he had anything to do with it or not. Sorry if that sounds heartless. I just can't imagine dragging on a drama for this long. It's too hard on the heart.

I honestly don't like the guy, but it feels like such old news at this point. More than 20 years. You'd think the family could just move on at this point. Nothing will bring their daughter back after all this time, whether he had anything to do with it or not. Sorry if that sounds heartless. I just can't imagine dragging on a drama for this long. It's too hard on the heart.
I completely agree. Some things you need to let go.

Believe it's their son, not Nicole...and believe it was their only son (not too sure of that tho'). Seems their son was just returning some sunglasses Nicole left at a restaurant...and was not personally involved with Nicole...He was just at the wrong place at the right time....SAD!...
But I do agree, the Goldman's need to move on. It's very hard on anyone to lose their child, no matter how old they are...Seems they haven't forgiven or forgotten....But, do feel anybody would be highly angry and upset if the person who killed their child was now out of prison and playing Golf and eating steak....That's very hard to swallow and extremely hard to just forget and move on....

When someone just about removes the head of a child and skates, it's pretty "tough" to move on. One could say that Sharon Tate's sister remains bitter too. When someone you love is murdered and quite violently, you have the right to be angry that the person responsible wasn't punished for it....and is allowed to live longer than the victim had a chance to...

Laura

When someone just about removes the head of a child and skates, it's pretty "tough" to move on. One could say that Sharon Tate's sister remains bitter too. When someone you love is murdered and quite violently, you have the right to be angry that the person responsible wasn't punished for it....and is allowed to live longer than the victim had a chance to...

Laura
Yep. Staying bitter isn't healthy but just saying, "move on" isn't reasonable either.

Some put the pain of a murder of a loved one to a positive use, like John Walsh or victims' advocates do. But I'm sure it still doesn't get rid of the anguish they experience.

Just because time has passed, that doesn't give the guilty a free pass. There is no statute of limitations for murder.

Yep. Staying bitter isn't healthy but just saying, "move on" isn't reasonable either.

Some put the pain of a murder of a loved one to a positive use, like John Walsh or victims' advocates do. But I'm sure it still doesn't get rid of the anguish they experience.

Just because time has passed, that doesn't give the guilty a free pass. There is no statute of limitations for murder.

If jury duty is abolished so OJ will end up in prison for rest of his life or executed.

Some countries abolished the jury duty due to racism, inequality or jury nullification, so judge has ultimate decision to say that you are guilty or not.

People are already making a mockery of him (via FB)...saw an article saying he was caught "choking the chicken" in his cell...LOL...at 70...feel it's limp or a limp chicken...anyway, heard/read too he has a few million dollars stached away...what next?...Cowboys drafting him for a quarterback position?...LOL
Sorry to bump this, but happened to spot this not long ago. LEGO City has an unusually large number of police associated kits.

Attachments

• 8445330353_7ddd98ce22_b.jpg
    8445330353_7ddd98ce22_b.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 3
If jury duty is abolished so OJ will end up in prison for rest of his life or executed.

Some countries abolished the jury duty due to racism, inequality or jury nullification, so judge has ultimate decision to say that you are guilty or not.

That makes me shudder.

I would do same thing if I lost a kid like that. I would make it my life mission to ensure that a freed murderer would be reminded and "legally" harassed on daily basis.

I would do same thing if I lost a kid like that. I would make it my life mission to ensure that a freed murderer would be reminded and "legally" harassed on daily basis.

Would you, now? Have you lost a family member through violence?

Sorry 'bout that, Jiro.
I had a grandfather tell me that if you cannot explain something clearly and concisely, you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

Would you, now? Have you lost a family member through violence?

no I have not lost a family member through violence... only cancers and old age. I'm usually forgiving and understanding at great length but losing a family member to violence and a murderer got off on technicality? yea I'm not gonna be quite forgiving and understanding just like I wasn't forgiving and understanding when this ultimate dickhead nearly ran over a family crossing a street couple months ago just because he was impatient and late for the party. I was so angry that I caught up with him and I went to his car. I got right up to his face, yelling at him. his gf was lucky to be there because he was just a moment away from losing consciousness and couple of teeth. she was pleading with me, apologizing for him.

he drove into oncoming lane, going around me and then drove past 4-ways intersection, ignoring the stop sign, and driving around the car stopped in front of him to yield to the family crossing the street in crosswalk. he nearly ran over a family with baby stroller and another pedestrian. under Vision Zero law in NYC... he would have been arrested and lose his license for over a year with hefty fines.

Sorry 'bout that, Jiro.
I had a grandfather tell me that if you cannot explain something clearly and concisely, you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

I don't think this is something that can be explained clearly and concisely as each person reacts differently and handles differently. Some people would have forgave him. Some people would have killed O.J. as a revenge. Fred Goldman hounded on him with lawsuits and everything he can do to make O.J. lives miserably.

Won't happen in the U.S., read the Bill of Rights particularly the 6th and 7th amendments!

no I have not lost a family member through violence... only cancers and old age. I'm usually forgiving and understanding at great length but losing a family member to violence and a murderer got off on technicality? yea I'm not gonna be quite forgiving and understanding just like I wasn't forgiving and understanding when this ultimate dickhead nearly ran over a family crossing a street couple months ago just because he was impatient and late for the party. I was so angry that I caught up with him and I went to his car. I got right up to his face, yelling at him. his gf was lucky to be there because he was just a moment away from losing consciousness and couple of teeth. she was pleading with me, apologizing for him.

he drove into oncoming lane, going around me and then drove past 4-ways intersection, ignoring the stop sign, and driving around the car stopped in front of him to yield to the family crossing the street in crosswalk. he nearly ran over a family with baby stroller and another pedestrian. under Vision Zero law in NYC... he would have been arrested and lose his license for over a year with hefty fines.
He got off on a technicality? What technicality? He was found not guilty by a jury! Yes, it was a joke,but the jury aquitted him.

He got off on a technicality? What technicality? He was found not guilty by a jury! Yes, it was a joke,but the jury aquitted him.
the technicality that police mishandled everything. because of that, jurors had no choice but to acquit him. jurors did it by the book, police didn't... hence the technicality.

the technicality that police mishandled everything. because of that, jurors had no choice but to acquit him. jurors did it by the book, police didn't... hence the technicality.

That is opinion on your part and that is not a technicality, a technicality is a small detail that gets someone off, your claim is police misconduct which is something else altogether. In the trial the court and jury saw it differently. The prosecution probably screwed up the trial more than the police, the glove was the defacto turning point of the trial and the prosecution messed that one up big time.

Won't happen in the U.S., read the Bill of Rights particularly the 6th and 7th amendments!

I'm just said IF so no hard feeling.

You will say differently if your daughter gets killed by black man and acquitted by mostly black jurors for example, so some people thought that OJ situation was connected to racism in our country.

That is opinion on your part and that is not a technicality, a technicality is a small detail that gets someone off, your claim is police misconduct which is something else altogether. In the trial the court and jury saw it differently. The prosecution probably screwed up the trial more than the police, the glove was the defacto turning point of the trial and the prosecution messed that one up big time.
quibbling....

I'm just said IF so no hard feeling.

You will say differently if your daughter gets killed by black man and acquitted by mostly black jurors for example, so some people thought that OJ situation was connected to racism in our country.
Some did? If you were black you pretty much thought he was innocent or being railroaded, if you were anything other than black, you pretty much thought he was guilty.

Back