NY woman convicted of punching Walmart cashier, 70

rockin'robin

Reaction score
BATAVIA, N.Y. (AP) — A western New York woman has been convicted of punching a 70-year-old Walmart cashier during a dispute over a receipt on Christmas Eve.

Jacquetta Simmons was found guilty of felony assault by a Genesee (jehn-eh-SEE') County Court jury Friday.

The 27-year-old faces from 2 1/3 to seven years in prison under New York's Granny Law, which makes it a felony to intentionally injure someone 65 or older if the defendant is at least 10 years younger than the victim.

Prosecutors say Simmons knocked Grace Suozzi down with a blow to the face while Suozzi was checking her receipt. Simmons' lawyer argued she swung her arm but didn't intend to hit Suozzi.

Sentencing is set for Nov. 14 in Batavia.

Bentonville, Ark.-based Wal-Mart Stores Inc. says employee safety is a "top priority" and its focus is on supporting Suozzi.

NY woman convicted of punching Walmart cashier, 70 - Yahoo! News

What a bitch..oh yea, have fun in prison, psycho. Her lawyer is full of shit..makin an excuse. I say BULL BUTTER! :lol:

Poor ole lady who was workin hard fo' her money...smh

Not 100% sure, but believe here in Florida, you could get 5-10 years for abusing someone over the age of 65......

I live in NYC, and thats why i want to move sooo BADLY. i dont want to raise my son here anymore :(

That's pretty messed up =/ People these days have no respect for the elders......i agree with Tim. Psychotic chicks are no Buenos.. ;P

Believe it or not, the infamous prison riots in Attica, NY isn't far from Batavia. Hope she gets sent there (I highly doubt it since she's female).

NYC isn't the worst place to live, there are other places that is worse than NYC anyway. I would agree only during 80's.

Someone should start a fund drive to help this poor woman. What a low life...

Laura

It is scary to grow old...we become weaker and more vulnerable. Hope that poor woman is OK.

Back