Nucleus CI512 implant with freedom inside

camijerosa

Reaction score
I was told yesterday if I want still want try Nucleus 5 CI512 implant, my Doctor will put old freedom for inside and use Nucleus CI512 for outside. I told Doctor I decline to use Nucleus CI512.
I am going to try MED-EL OPUS 2 on my left ear. I read somewhere that Doctor cannot give Nucleus 5 CI512 since Nucleus CI512 is recall right now so instead of use Nucleus CI512 Doctor Plan use old freedom for inside along with new Nucleus 5 CI512 for outside. Thought I like to let you all know what Doctor had told me. I never try CI. I am on process to get one on my left ear with MED-EL OPUS 2. I am wearing oticon chili sp9 on my right ear.

I was told yesterday if I want still want try Nucleus 5 CI512 implant, my Doctor will put old freedom for inside and use Nucleus CI512 for outside. I told Doctor I decline to use Nucleus CI512.
I am going to try MED-EL OPUS 2 on my left ear. I read somewhere that Doctor cannot give Nucleus 5 CI512 since Nucleus CI512 is recall right now so instead of use Nucleus CI512 Doctor Plan use old freedom for inside along with new Nucleus 5 CI512 for outside. Thought I like to let you all know what Doctor had told me. I never try CI. I am on process to get one on my left ear with MED-EL OPUS 2. I am wearing oticon chili sp9 on my right ear.

I believe Nucleus CI512 is the name of the implant part of the Nucleus 5 system, what goes inside, not the processor. So, for example, he might be saying you would get a new Freedom implant (inside) and an N5 processor (outside) -- instead of an all N5 system, inside and out. My daughter has Freedom inside, N5 outside, too.

that is lots of expesnive upgrade $$$$ high expensives whoa new update future again!

I would be concerned if I wasn't implanting the latest and most updated version of the company's product.

I would be concerned if I wasn't implanting the latest and most updated version of the company's product.

otherwise your cochlear implant is very expensive your choice decision your prefer your want to choice HA or CI

risk is very budget money lots $$$$

And a person would be one step farther behind in terms of the ability to upgrade to future releases of external devices. Right?

I'm not saying go for that combo. Just mentioning what I think your doctor was suggesting. The Freedom is absolutely compatible with and utilizes the N5 processor to its fullest extent now and is designed to expand with the new capabilities that will be released with the N5 processor over time.

But, I think all 3 firms have great products, and Med-El's CI is no exception. Esp. with Cochlear's and AB's latest products under voluntary or enforced recall.

Exactly....

It's like... you're just fine with giving me inferior stuff... just because you can make coin...

World's crazy.

Back