Nucleus 5 video

Deaffy

Reaction score
Updated Cochlear nucleus 5 video I created on youtube. hope its ok to post it here.[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdeFTwWgois]YouTube - Nucleus 5 from cochlear.[/ame]

Is that you Deaffy? Needs CC. But fun to watch. :)

Question though: Why is this video only accessible to the hearing population?

Not being a prick but I was wondering about these who are deaf and considering implants... Would they understand your video?

Yeah it's me.. I tried putting automated CC in but it doesnt seem to be working. I will have to figure it out. sorry about that.

Watch it again PFH sorry I was a newb to making captions I believe i got them in now.. they might be a little off but not by much.. thanks.. sorry bout that

Yeah PFH again sorry about that. I tried with auto captions but it did not want to work for me so I had to re-watch the video and manually put the caption's in. I am sorry to all those who watched without the captions at first.

Very interesting.... ( Captions work great for me) I have no experience with loops or fm processors or anything like that because i haven't worn hearing aides in 25 years. Does the implant come with the cables or is that something I'm gonna need to order separate... So far all I have gotten is a phone call wanting me to pick out colors for the N5So I'm really not sure what I'll be getting.

They gave me a choice to pick 2 differet options in my package I chose the adapters since I like the idea of using my implant as my own "headset" for when I want to listen to the ipod. I forget what the other options she gave me were.

Deaffy, very nice video thank you
Can you use a bluetooth loopiest or headset with the implant, anyway to make the processor bluetoothable, lol, like I have Oticon HA in which they are bluetooth and have something called streamer that I use for phone and Ipod

Deaffy, does this means the processor automatically go to t-coil mode when you put your phone next to your ear, did you use it this way? can you hear your own voice when it turns to t-coil mode? if not then this may be a problem as I hate not to hear my voice when I talk

I dont use T-coil. with my phone it is a Bitch to use. If I use it in auto T-coil it cuts alot of what I want to hear out.. And if I go into manual T-coilI tend to get alot of I dont know how to really describe it other than static. I think it is my phone tho its a old cordless...

Deaffy, does this means the processor automatically go to t-coil mode when you put your phone next to your ear, did you use it this way? can you hear your own voice when it turns to t-coil mode? if not then this may be a problem as I hate not to hear my voice when I talk

You can use the auto T-coil or the manual T-coil. On the remote you can change the mixing ratio of T-coil to the microphone and the same can be done with the direct input without having an audiologist to set the ratio. T-coil works with certain phones better than others. The T-coil will work very well with my LG Rumor Touch phone.

Back