Nucleus 5 and music - accessories

radka73

Reaction score
Hi,

is here anyone with Nucleus 5 processor who has experience with personal audio cable and/or inductive earhook usage for listening to music?
I would like to know if there are any differences in quality of sound and so on.

Thanks for answer.

its completely direct sounds to the ipod/computer w.e. Its really nice at first but it gets annoying for me and i start using headphones.

I HATEEEE using the cord when making a song, listening to my guitar, or really bassy songs.

I LOVE using the cord when playing video games, or skyping (but i cant hear myself talk but I have good talking volume control)

I will edit this post later cause I know i have talked a lot about this feature.

Hi bbaseballboy,

it's originally my question - I asked radka to post it, because my post didn't show :) And I still have problems with posts moderation -.- maybe i need to spam more :D

I'm using personal audio cable now with my processor. So I know how it works.

But I saw something about inductive earhooks here on this forum (and couldn't find it again). The main thing is that inductive earhooks are a lot cheaper than personal audio cable. So I'd like to know if there is any difference between these two things. I'd consider getting inductive earhooks if they can provide the same quality as direct cable :)

I don't want to use headphones, so only direct cable and earhooks are relevant for me :P

Hi bbaseballboy,

it's originally my question - I asked radka to post it, because my post didn't show :) And I still have problems with posts moderation -.- maybe i need to spam more :D

I'm using personal audio cable now with my processor. So I know how it works.

But I saw something about inductive earhooks here on this forum (and couldn't find it again). The main thing is that inductive earhooks are a lot cheaper than personal audio cable. So I'd like to know if there is any difference between these two things. I'd consider getting inductive earhooks if they can provide the same quality as direct cable :)

I don't want to use headphones, so only direct cable and earhooks are relevant for me :P

Oh my bad, Yeah I'm actually interested in the earhooks. I would consider getting them if theyre cheap. I mean audio cord cost over $100 when its just a freaking wire that you can buy from a wholesale for $1 for 10ft of it. Its the end (the end that plugs into the n5) that makes it so "special"

What companies/model number are these earhooks. I'll buy one and test it out.

i found this one: Music Link T-coil Inductive, Stereo Ear Hooks for iPod, MP3 audio

btw I don't know it exactly, but here that "freaking wire" costs something between $160-190 (when I convert it from our currency). So earhooks for $40 + shipping to Europe would be much cheaper.

I'm a bit afraid of FAQ on that site, because there is something about buzzing. I don't want any disturbing sounds or something like this. So if there is any risk that it will produce this kind of sounds, I'd rather pay more money for direct audio cable :)

I use the MusicLink but I use it with my hearing aid. I have no idea how well they work with CIs, though there are a few CI users out there who use the telecoil earhooks. There is some buzzing, but only if you're close enough to something electrical (like computers, microwaves, etc.). I don't know if the CI has much of the buzzing with telecoil, but it shouldn't be too bad if the volume of your music or whatever it is you're listening to is loud enough to cover the buzzing sound. When I get my CI, I will certainly be experimenting with telecoil and direct connect and such.

Yeah i think you're gonna get the exact same effects as t-coil with phone calls. Which the case with t-coils and phones is not that great. Its better than NO t-coil, but you have to place the phone perfectly over the n5 to "connect" it but still has some buzzing for me

Not gonna buy it after all lol.

ok, thanks for answers :)
But it didn't help me very much - I still can't decide if I try it or not, haha -.-

I use the Hatis system for both my hearing aid and my CI. It has a bit stronger sound field than the Music Link. Personally I do not care for wires running down my neck. Phonak has a digital neck-loop that works for certain models to eliminate buzzing and allows true stereo channels from that single wire around the neck.

Back