Ntid

Phillywis

Reaction score
I was accepted to NTID couple of months ago. I'm very excitied about it. I'm majoring in applied computer science technology.

CONGRATS!

Bundle up @ NTID--I hear the winters are brutal!
Yep! Actually, every year is different.

I was at RIT for almost 8 years (2 different degrees). There were some years where it would snow as early as October. Sometimes, the snow would not come until January and it lasts for a few weeks before it's all warm again.

Last year, we had a snow storm in the middle of March! During my first year there, we had a snow storm for one day... during the first weekend of April! :crazy:

Have fun!

Winter's brutal? Your funny!

Yes, we have crazy weather up there, mostly it is just snow, easy to plow and clean up, then within few days, everything is back normal, comparing to other places where they have earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricane, they have much work to do to clean up afterwards, and homelessness risk is higher over there. So I rather deal with winter storms than any other storms beside wicked, yet awesome thunderstorms. Oh yes, NTID is not far from where my home is (About 9 miles away).

Wish you good luck, I have been majoring there, left 8 years ago. Not sure if I will go back; why if you ask? I got good job, and is climbing the ladder right now.

BTW, Im WPSD graduate too, I recongize your aviator and knew it is my school too.

CONGRATS!

Bundle up @ NTID--I hear the winters are brutal!

Congrats. i went to NTID in 1991 but left after 3 months being homesick. :(

I wish you lot of lucks and study hard! :)

Winter's brutal? Your funny!

Yes, we have crazy weather up there, mostly it is just snow, easy to plow and clean up, then within few days, everything is back normal, comparing to other places where they have earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricane, they have much work to do to clean up afterwards, and homelessness risk is higher over there. So I rather deal with winter storms than any other storms beside wicked, yet awesome thunderstorms. Oh yes, NTID is not far from where my home is (About 9 miles away).

Wish you good luck, I have been majoring there, left 8 years ago. Not sure if I will go back; why if you ask? I got good job, and is climbing the ladder right now.

BTW, Im WPSD graduate too, I recongize your aviator and knew it is my school too.

Ahhh, you forgot ice. I hate driving on icy roads. I also graduated from NTID.

Oh ICE? Thats nothing comparing to dealing with Hurricane.

Once you hit by hurricane, tornadoes, earthquakes, etc you may be instantly homeless, may be jobless, no income during clean up, should I mention more? Oh that ice, it last only a day or two. And maybe few harmless power outrages that generally won't last more than 24 hours.

BUT.... your right... Ice does sucks anyway

Congrats, wish ya good luck for your degree. :)

Oh ICE? Thats nothing comparing to dealing with Hurricane.

Once you hit by hurricane, tornadoes, earthquakes, etc you may be instantly homeless, may be jobless, no income during clean up, should I mention more? Oh that ice, it last only a day or two. And maybe few harmless power outrages that generally won't last more than 24 hours.

BUT.... your right... Ice does sucks anyway

How about blizzard?

Blizzard is awesome, just heavy snowfalls, blowing snow around. Won't destruct any homes, or rarely. Clean up requires just good plower that is all. rarely lil more than that.

How about blizzard?

Blizzard is awesome, just heavy snowfalls, blowing snow around. Won't destruct any homes, or rarely. Clean up requires just good plower that is all. rarely lil more than that.

Ok, some blizzard can be really bad.

I had been targeted in blizzard when I lived in southeast USA, it was happened in 1993 and it known as storm of the century, that's damaged about over billion dollars.

Sorry about off topic.

Ok, back to topic, you will do well at NITD, :)

Ok, some blizzard can be really bad.

I had been targeted in blizzard when I lived in southeast USA, it was happened in 1993 and it known as storm of the century, that's damaged about over billion dollars.

Sorry about off topic.

Whoooo!!!! - you will love RIT/NTID. I'm a second year student there now.

I do have to agree that the winters here... are... BRUTAL. :-P But, it's no big deal. Just bundle up with TONS of clothing, you'll be just fine. :-D

See, it is only brutal. grin,

and she is right you will be doing fine up here at NTID.

By the way, where you are from, its only 10 degrees warmer than up here. FYI

I do have to agree that the winters here... are... BRUTAL. :-P But, it's no big deal. Just bundle up with TONS of clothing, you'll be just fine. :-D

Oh yeah. I remember asking about snow to my hearing roommate who was a native of Rochester and then she told me about all the fun she had sliding on ice and all I could think about was trying to balance myself on ice and keeping from falling and I finally yelled STOP! I hate ICE! Did I mention I grew up in Virgina where it hardly ever snows more than 5 inches in Richmond?

See, it is only brutal. grin,

and she is right you will be doing fine up here at NTID.

By the way, where you are from, its only 10 degrees warmer than up here. FYI

Yeahhh i know it's only 10 degrees warmer in Ohio and Pennsylvania but... the SNOW! ughh. I rarely experienced snow that was 1-2 feet. :-P lol. Also, the wind is pretty bad as well.

Thanks guys for your comments... Dirtbiker- what is your name and what year did you graduate from WPSD?

I can't wait for the snow, I'll make sure I bring enough winter clothes to suit myself up... few weeks ago I visited NTID and it was really cold and windy. my hands even froze at one point.

Way before you were born! grin.

By the way, Im not dirt biker. I am Die hard Biker, meaning I can't give up riding motorcycles. Man! Im getting ready for another riding season!

DHB

Thanks guys for your comments... Dirtbiker- what is your name and what year did you graduate from WPSD?

I can't wait for the snow, I'll make sure I bring enough winter clothes to suit myself up... few weeks ago I visited NTID and it was really cold and windy. my hands even froze at one point.

Congrats, I went to NTID / RIT too in 1988-1992. I am from Minnesota and the winters can be very brutal here, so NY was a piece of cake, weather-wise. Enjoy your time at NTID !

Back