NTID/RIT has.....

Fly Free said:
oh wow -- ref to the debit cards with the student ID cards qq thats VERY old news!!!!!!!

Vampy -- on ur explaination of various changes -- thats VERY surprising to me!! :shock: i saw the new housing up by River Knolls back in 1999 was so shocked to see how it looked :thumb: kewl i thought! but now with the corner store moved and everything else since 1999 *thud* this i gotta go back to RIT for a visit to see how the campus looks since the last time i was there visiting!!!!

*makes a mental note to do that* definately would take MizzDeaf with me to RIT so she can check it out too :D
Actually, they added more a couple years ago. They now have 6 houses for fraternities and sororities next to Riverknoll.

FutureGame2100 said:
What that RIT look like? Is it big place? I never seen it before. I'll GO to NTID/RIT in Fall 05' :dance: :dance:

Yeah, it's a big place with 1300 acres. The older buildings of the original campus are big piles of brick and most of them have at least one interesting feature. The bricks make RIT also be known as the Brick City. The newer buildings and expansions of older buildings feature more glass and metal with the new field house being more metal than bricks.
The dorms and NTID are on the east side of the campus and the rest of the colleges are on the other side with a walkway, field house and health center in the middle. There are 4 sets of apartments for upperclassmen, 2 on the east side and 2 on the west side with more such places somewhere off campus.
There are lots of parking lots and some big pieces of artwork. The buildings are surrounded by pretty woods and swamps that have trails people can go for walks on.

RedFox

Besides the debit card stuff, I've seen places to plug in ethernet cables so laptops can get online. Some places also have wireless stuff for getting online too.

RedFox

RedFox said:
Yeah, it's a big place with 1300 acres. The older buildings of the original campus are big piles of brick and most of them have at least one interesting feature. The bricks make RIT also be known as the Brick City. The newer buildings and expansions of older buildings feature more glass and metal with the new field house being more metal than bricks.
The dorms and NTID are on the east side of the campus and the rest of the colleges are on the other side with a walkway, field house and health center in the middle. There are 4 sets of apartments for upperclassmen, 2 on the east side and 2 on the west side with more such places somewhere off campus.
There are lots of parking lots and some big pieces of artwork. The buildings are surrounded by pretty woods and swamps that have trails people can go for walks on.

RedFox
RIT is now replacing some sidewalks with bricks too! :eek:

t0rmented said:
Pyro i assume you're still at RIT?
Yes...

BTW, they just replaced another part of the sidewalks in front of SLC with more bricks last week!

Fly Free said:
oh wow -- ref to the debit cards with the student ID cards qq thats VERY old news!!!!!!!

Vampy -- on ur explaination of various changes -- thats VERY surprising to me!! :shock: i saw the new housing up by River Knolls back in 1999 was so shocked to see how it looked :thumb: kewl i thought! but now with the corner store moved and everything else since 1999 *thud* this i gotta go back to RIT for a visit to see how the campus looks since the last time i was there visiting!!!!

*makes a mental note to do that* definately would take MizzDeaf with me to RIT so she can check it out too :D

Yeah, that makes two of us! My last visit there was 1998 for my husband's and my friends' graduation. I know I'd be there in for a major shock once I see the campus of RIT. Geez, I can't believe all the changes they've made since I graduated there in 1997! :shock:

Jeeze, Its been months since i have been in this forums. I already applied for RIT/NTID in early/mid 2005. From visiting RIT last July for the Explore Your Future program (EYF) It was wonderful and i met a lot of new deaf friends. It was the best week of my life literaly. I am majoring for the Arts - Mostly Painting, Drawing, Ceremics, Filming and Photography. I can't wait to go to RIT because for 4 long years in High School, My friends are unable to sign or communicate with me which makes my life lonely and boring - That is the reason why i actually cried :( after EYF because i missed those people so much since its been many years without deaf people my age.

Back