Not to hijack "Annoying Hearing People" thread

VA Bowbender

Reaction score
As I have mentioned I am new to the forum. I started reading the above mentioned postings and haven't even gotten through 7/11 yet. Some of the stories are hilarious & sad the Christian stories were the saddest. The reason I am posting this is I see a common theme between the stories given and just everyday, general ignorance. The examples I'll give are not deaf or HoH related but general stupidity of people. I believe the comedian Bill Engvall expressed it best in his "Here's Your Sign" bit.

I have been a butcher by trade for the past 42 years and I am a Meat Dept Mgr of a prominent Washington, DC supermarket chain.

Some Examples:

* Every year at thanksgiving there are the little old ladies that come in and ask how to cook a turkey. Well what have you done for the past 60 years?

* (customer) Is this ham already cooked? (Reply) Yes ma'am, you just have to heat it. (customer) well what if I don't heat it? (Reply) Well then you eat cold ham.

* (customer) Will I get more hamburgers from a pound of ground meat or a pound of the pre-made. (Reply) it depends on the size you make you burgers. (Customer) Oh about 1/4 ea.

* and a final example
ImageUploadedByAllDeaf1419206804.319307.jpg

People are stupid in all walks of life. Working in the retail market has made me quite tolerant of people in general. I'm sure as my hearing deteriorates more I will gather some of my own stories.

I can relate to your post/ thread. There's always some kind of annoyances in hearing and non hearing world. It's all about how you handle it. Nice to know someone from my town right here on the forum. -welcome!

I guess some people have been asked if they can drive but my all time favorite was the person that went to the movies and asked for the captioning glasses but where told they where for blind people only.

Back