Northeast Ohio

chrishrtmn

Reaction score
Anyone in Northeast Ohio (Akron, Cleveland, etc) want to start a meetup/event for coffee/drinks somewhere? Would be fun to meet new people nearby.

I am an ASL student in NEO, and I think it would be great (once I learn more) to meet up. I'm an University of Akron student. :))))

Very cool Zeexi - I don't know ASL well these days, but I knew it back when I was younger, just hadn't really got to use it with anyone to keep it fresh. Nowadays I'm interested in learning ASL again as I need to learn for my business startup.

You may go to meet deaf people for Akron Club of the Deaf ASL Chat & Dingo Games on Oct 6 between 2 pm and 9 pm.

Masonic Temples
2307 Sackett Ave
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio

I hope you have fun to meet deaf and hearing people.

Chevy57, am I going to be able to fit in and conversate well with others when I know only minimal ASL? I'm just unsure of how deaf clubs/events typically work for those who don't know ASL well.

I'm HoH and know lip-reading, but only know alphabet/basic ASL.

I would give it a shot if I were you. Never know what will happen. But I doubt very much they will kick you out. Hang out and take it natural. Someone is sure to greet you.

If you are still interested every Thursday in Canton @ Roosters (Wing place) they have Deaf event (ASL students also go alot) so they would not only welcome you but are use to people with little, to no knowledge of ASL. The first time I went there I think I knew how to sign maybe 15 things and had an ever harder time keeping up when watching signing.

Hey, I'm from north east ohio, I'm hearing impaired myself. located 50 miles west from Cleveland Ohio.

I would like to get deaf meet up / deaf night out. Only problem is - I don't want to drive 50 miles to Cleveland to meet up all the time.

Back