Non-deaf/Non-H.O.H

JoshieTheMan

Reaction score
I am wondering if there's non-deaf/non-h.o.h can join here? Because my cousin isn't deaf/h.o.h. He's hearing person. He seen me browsing around here and then he was all interesting in here. Because I have been teaching him how to communicate in sign language, he know how to do ABC but not completely in other sign language yet. So I am wondering if he could join here and learn about deaf/h.o.h since I am one of them.

Great, I already got one of my good friend to joined here, he's hearing. In few days I'll be getting my cousin to join.

Yeah!!

Tell your friends and families .. welcome here :D

I am hearing and I joined... so why not. If someone is interested in deaf issues I don't see why they would not be able to join.

Yea, hearies are welcome..the more the better so we can gain a better understanding of each other especially if the hearing ADers have never met a deaf person nor dont know about Deaf culture.

Yea, hearies are welcome..the more the better so we can gain a better understanding of each other especially if the hearing ADers have never met a deaf person nor dont know about Deaf culture.

the more understanding in deaf culture, the better they get interested. We know that hearing asks a lot of questions in the end, can come into a good outcome.

This makes me feel really good,
because I am hearing and I was kind of nervous joining.
I am absolutely fascinated with the deaf and HOH culture!
I have been doing everything within my power to get more involved when I can and where I can.

And I would just like to thank everyone for being so nice and accepting of me!
It truly means a lot!

The only problem with some of the hearing people who came on the AD is the Audist meaning that they are not interest in Deaf Culture, and ASL. They want us to lipread, no ASL and speak even if we can not speak with a clear voice. They also think we should have CI (Cochlear Implant) to be able to hear like a hearing person, which is not true. We have to struggle with that. Some HOH and Deafies can do very well with that, but not some of us Deafies. No interpreters, because we need the right to make the decision to have an interpreter. But you are welcome as long as you are not like the Audist. So welcome to AD.

...I am hearing and I was kind of nervous joining.

I agree! I was nervous, (same way I was at my first Deaf social event) but you get comfortable because most everyone at AllDeaf is awesome!! If your truely here to learn and embrace the Deaf culture then AD members welcome with wide arms and tons of smiles!
:D

Back