NoizFree not compatible with Phonak Naida V ?

Vivie

Reaction score
Hello

a friend's got these Phonak Naida V HA's ( binaural ) and when she tries to listen to music via NoizFree ear hooks she hears a continual growling noise.

Another friend suggested to her she gets the icom.I think it is a mapping issue.Can you please enlighten us ?

does she have telecoil turned on? it should work fine. if she's hearing the growling, is she close to a bunch of electronics (computers, microwaves, etc.)? that can interfere with the telecoil setting. How about the volume for the music, is it set too low? I have the NoizFree MusicLink and it works great with my Naida IX.

For myself, I prefer using the MusicLink over the icom for music listening.

The Phonak Icom costs more and does not deliver stereo to the binaural since it uses a neck loop to deliver the sounds to the aids. I personal use a induction plate for each of my aids connected to my Sony Walkman and gives true stereo sound. Still the NoizFree MusicLink should work for you.

The Phonak Icom costs more and does not deliver stereo to the binaural since it uses a neck loop to deliver the sounds to the aids
The iCom does deliver stereo. It is paired/mapped to the HAs. Yes, it does cost a lot more, but is so much better. No interference from electronics as is the case with t-coils.

loveblue is right the iCom does deliver sound to both ears and the music is not too bad either...

I personally don't like the neckloop thing for myself. And yes, I do get the electrical interference on t-coil, but with the music playing I don't even hear the buzzing. The icom does work though.

if you think your friend might like the icom, maybe she could trial an icom for a few days to see if it'd be worth the money for herself.

When I first got the Naida for myself, I couldn't use the MusicLink as my audie didn't put the Telecoil programming onto my hearing aid. But at the next appointment, I requested it and she put it on and I've been happy.

Back