Noises

sonocativo

Reaction score
Since my hearing aids have quit working I have been in a world of silence mostly. Recently I have been hearing noises, odd noises and even with my fingers plugged into my ears I still hear it. It sounds like a cross between a mechanical grind and a fishtank air bubbler with a refrigerator running type of noise( if that makes sense )
It is constant and the pitch is somewhat variable but constitant. Is this a form of tinnitus? there is no ringing just the odd noises And it is non stop.

Most likely. Right now I have a low hum in my left ear and crickets in my right ear.
Actually, the crickets are in both ears.

Most likely. Right now I have a low hum in my left ear and crickets in my right ear.
Actually, the crickets are in both ears.

Its the same in both ears for me, just a low hum like noise. Its not loud but enough that it is annoying as heck. Havent got an email back from the audi yet so I might just go up there Monday and jusy walk in. Got to get something going soon as my VR counselor hasn't returned any of my calls yet ( and that pixs me off right there ) every time I call its either she is on vacation or out of the office...well does she work at all anymore? Ill call Monday again as well and ask for a new counselor too.

It sounds like a cross between a mechanical grind and a fishtank air bubbler with a refrigerator running type of noise( if that makes sense )

Hmmmmmmm.......you might want to try a high-fiber diet and see if that helps.

Oh crap....another me on board...lol
I think we will get along just great... that was funny !
I think quitting Pepsi cold turkey may have a little to do with that, as I have a fairly healthy diet.

Have you read the thread "tinnitus"? Sounds like that is what you are experienxing. Mine is brutal and NEVER goes away. Good luck!!!

I haven't, yet. Just wondered if this was a form of it or something else altogether?

Nope, sounds like tinnitus to me. Right now, I have cicadas going constantly and ball bearings spinning in a pie tin. Usually, I have music going 24/7 so this is a change for me.

annoy for me serious crappy weird odd tinniutes stranger wave buzz buzz annoy! on and off on weird hearing aid doesn't work testing odd.. I reanalyzed

I hear the ocean. Crashing waves...relaxing right? Except that is not what you should hear 24/7 if you're not at the sea shore. I want to hear what is real to me.

Fish tank air bubbler...you hit it on the nail...as I have it too..but could not describe it.....and I always have some type of noise going on....just had a "RINNNNNNNG"....and sort of like some small belching...:giggle:

Inner ear...and no matter if my ears are not infected...I still have tennitus...right now, they are...and the tennitus seems a little worse...and of course, the musical tennitus....

Not a pill popper...but if there was a Pill that would stop all this craziness (sounds in the head)...I'd be 1st in line to get some...Very hard for me to concentrate.....

Since my hearing aids have quit working I have been in a world of silence mostly. Recently I have been hearing noises, odd noises and even with my fingers plugged into my ears I still hear it. It sounds like a cross between a mechanical grind and a fishtank air bubbler with a refrigerator running type of noise( if that makes sense )
It is constant and the pitch is somewhat variable but constitant. Is this a form of tinnitus? there is no ringing just the odd noises And it is non stop.

They quit working? what happened to them? anyway yes it's tinnitus, I've got the refrigerator thing too.

Last edited:
They quit working? what happened to them? anyway yes it's tinnitus, I've got the refrigerator thing too.

They have been a POS since day one, kept going out, one would change settings by itself and so on. Had a low battery alert so I changed batteries and clened them, put back on and nothing... they cut in and out and then just straight up quit, and it would do it right out of warranty, in which I just had them repaird a month before the warranty expired. Ive had it with them, I am now trying to get an appointment to try Phonak or Widex.

They have been a POS since day one, kept going out, one would change settings by itself and so on. Had a low battery alert so I changed batteries and clened them, put back on and nothing... they cut in and out and then just straight up quit, and it would do it right out of warranty, in which I just had them repaird a month before the warranty expired. Ive had it with them, I am now trying to get an appointment to try Phonak or Widex.

Oticons or Starkeys? :)

I remember when I was separated from my ex years ago (before divorce was finalized), I had terrible non-stop ringing for several months then it finally went away!

Well, past week the noises changed to something more on the line of being in a catholic church and listening to the chanting, now its like a window fan running with the chanting... its odd I know, but its what I hear constantly. Its not annoying, actually kinda soothing and easy to sleep, but just odd to hear it 24/7

Well, past week the noises changed to something more on the line of being in a catholic church and listening to the chanting, now its like a window fan running with the chanting... its odd I know, but its what I hear constantly. Its not annoying, actually kinda soothing and easy to sleep, but just odd to hear it 24/7

LOL mine don't bother me if I don't think about them, I guess after a while you tune them out like noise in a HA :)

Go to a stripper bar and explain your problem to the dancers. Let them know your doctor suggested your titinus cam be cured with your head betweem tits. Profess an improvement after the 1st treatment and ask for more.

Back