No, We Can't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boult

Reaction score
sidebar.jpg

RADICAL RIGHT
No, We Can't

In order for the legislative branch to function properly and do its work on behalf of the nation, lawmakers must be willing to work together, constructively debate, and vote on legislation. Unfortunately, the emergence of Democratic majorities in Congress has provoked the rise of radical conservatives in Congress who have used every procedural tactic available to delay, disrupt, and kill legislation that would move the country forward. These conservatives have openly declared their intention to use obstructionism to "break" the President, signaling that they see the legislative process as more about harming their political opponents than enacting good policies. Through tactics like using "poison pill" amendments to sink the health care reconciliation bill, embracing an obscure Senate rule to block committee hearings, and deploying a record number of filibusters, conservatives are determined to obstruct the business of Congress by any means necessary.

Click the headline to read in full with links to sources.
See "Under the Radar" and "Think Fast" too!

Are you saying that Democrats never did that when things weren't going their way?

:rockon: GOP. Keep representing the people!

No. No. No.

Both the Democrats and Republicans are a joke these days. They don't resemble anything close to the Democrats and Republicans back in the ol' days.

Both the Democrats and Republicans are a joke these days.
Ain't that the truth! Funny thing; if I voice a neutral opinion, I tend to be painted as a dissenter, left and right wing. I prefer voting independently. Takes the simpleness out of the vote. Gotta look at the BS pouring out of their mouths, not just look for (D) or (R).
As for most politicians, I can tell when they are lying. I just watch for moving lips.

I think the day will come that "Yes We Can!" will be replaced with "Oops, We Shouldn't Have". That day has already come for many of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back