No motivation to eat

shel90

Love Makes the World Go Round
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ever since I got sick with pneomonia, my appetite has changed. It seems like I have no motivation to eat even when I am hungry. Food is not appealing to me like it was before. Yes, I am all recovered from my illness except for my cravings. It is so weird because when I get hungry, I just find something small just to get rid of the hunger pains and then I move on. Before, when I get hungry, I get cravings for a certain meal. When I think of meals, it seems like so much work to make and eat them and I have lost my motivation for food itself.

Has anyone ever experienced that before?

i have i had pneumonia 3 times when i was little girl and i don't have much appetite anymore i only eat little bit during the day mostly of time i eat one meal a day

I had something similar. It took months to get my diet back on track. I was also always tired.

I am eating a small bowl of popcorn for lunch. Just not craving meals at all. Weird.

Lumbingi...when my ex hubby and I split up, I couldnt eat for months. I know what it is like.

i got seprated by my ex and i cant eat lot cuz of broke my heart that why..

When I had the flu a couple of days ago, I couldn't eat anything. I wasn't really hungry. I just want to get rid of the flu I had, after I got better it changed alot, I used to eat pizza alot, but some reasons I don't like pizza now. My tastes changed.

when my ex and i broke up last year i didn't eat at all for a month and took me a year to get back the way my life was.

Yea it can happen when something changes in their life, they would lost their appetites.

I'm sure it happens to all of us. ;)

I have experienced non eating times, my emotions effect my eating habits like when you lose a friend, relative can make a loss of appetite, such as bad news, a break up, sick with the flu don't want to think about food. Shel you might want to see the doctor if it has anything to with your pnemonia. I have experienced non eating times when I am in love. I will be soo happy and thrilled won't want to eat LOL I know it sounds goofy it has happened to me before :giggle:

My brother had it twice within two months 5 years ago after he was stabbed. A mild case then it got worst. They had to drain fluid out of his lungs. The fluid from his lungs was filled in a jar, equivalent the ten cups of twenty-four ounces. Really bad. It took him a long time till he was able to eat normal, he was sick all the time with lack of food, we had to make him eat something, at least one good meal than none. Losing a spleen is hard. Slowing he made it through. It can't be done overnight. It will take a long while, even months to gain your health back to its track.

I'm sure everyone has, at one time, experienced this.

I find I'm not often hungry for breakfast or lunch but made myself eat an apple or something.

Maybe eating an banana or apple for breakfast or lunch will help some even if you're not hungry.

Back