Votes: 10 19.6%
  • for special occassion only.

Votes: 15 29.4%
  • sometimes

Votes: 16 31.4%
  • I used to, but not anymore

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
I think most chicks look better without make up. lip gloss and nail polish, some eyeliner but anything more i dont see the point.

I am happy to see some males think so.

I have learned that human females are some of a very few creatures on Earth that put on color to grab attention of others. Usually it is the male that does it.

I can't even recall any female animal that does it!

I think your funny,you said not want to be clown LOL . I had stop make up for along time cuz of large pore or wrinkle .I dont want to be a large pore and wrinkle.I was the test free make up wed afternoon at the beauty shop ,but I want to find to use good health for vitamin care on make up.I was thinking about at health store to see if there have make up special only.
I don't want to wear it all the time ,so if all the time and it will get a large pore and wrinkle . I have a friend who make up and she has wrinkle. I dont want to be like her no thanks period.

Heh... that is true! I don´t like with make up. It make me complicated.. LOL

I look "clown" that is really funny, It was carneval in Austria for us skiing vacation, Look at my pic, heh!!! (I am middle)

but true I had took a colors lips and mascara and make up for one time before.
I dont like that, how I look? It is too much for me *aaaargh* That is why, i will never take some a makeup again.

When I was in high school, I was on the stage crew, stage make up team. I did some really dramatic faces, including "monsters". Not the best application for daily life make up! :lol: But we used a lot of the same principles of shading and highlighting. That was about 40 years ago.

When I was a teen, I ironed my hair straight, outlined my eyes with black, and wore white lipstick and nail polish. Obviously, those ways are not in style now! :P

In my twenties and thirties, lip gloss, mascara, and a light blush were all I used. I also did too much tanning in the sun (oops).

More recently, I've attended professional facial aesthetics classes, which included the use of makeup, analyzing skin and face types, skin care, waxing, and various facial techniques. (All the cool spa stuff.) Very interesting.

I also attend long-term, regularly scheduled skin care/cosmetics company's training sessions. Also, very informative.

As I get older, I can compare the various stages of age that I have experienced, and how those stages effect skin care and cosmetics. What worked for me in my twenties, with oily skin, brown eyes, medium brown/red hair, and different life style, doesn't work for me now with dry skin, green eyes, gray hair, and new activities. As the years go by, we can't stick with the same styles and products. Time marches on. :P

LOL......I really don't think things have changed all that much!

My 2 daughters do similar things with their makeup as you did, but there is more available now and so I think only personal thoughts are the only variation now (in a limited way).

One daughter has straight hair and is always trying to curl it and the other is quite wavy and loves to iron it straight! I guess it must be a case of whatever I have, it must be changed! LOL

Both girls love their makeup and pile it on at every opportunity. Thank the lord mum is there to teach them moderation....

My younger daughter (16) looked at her elder sister (23) and her friend getting ready to go clubbing recently and she said "clones!". We had to laugh, they did almost look identical.

Hey guys, are all the young girls trying their best to look like clones out there, or is it just Brisbane?

Personally, I try to avoid the makeup stuff. It tends to give me a few bruises around the body when the other guys find out and I get called a few rude names as well. They really don't seem to appreciate it all that much on me. Strange, really. So, I'm restricted to wearing the wife's underwear - sigh!

Sunshinelady, you look fantastic in that gold dress with that radiant smile!

I dont wear makeup at all not even for church. Sad I know. I barely had on any foundation or mascara for my wedding. I dont care if they put make up on me for my funeral just as long as I dont look like Tammy Bakker sleeping, lol.

Where I work make up is pointless because I have chicken flying up in my face all day and I have to continously wipe it off and my other job is retriever training and I sweat during the summer and use a balaclava in the winter so no use for makeup there either.

when I do wear make up I feel like a clown so I dont wear it.
I know what you mean. I don't wear any make up when I'm outside sweating and doing yard work. Dirt, tree leaves, mulch, all kinds of stuff blowing on my face.

I do recommend protecting your skin outdoors. You might not notice it now but the results will show up years later. Cleansing your face deeply but gently each night. Using sunscreen and appropriate moisturizer during the day. (Even oily skin needs moisture; moisture is not the same as oil; moisture is water.) Reapply sunscreen during the day if you're outside all day or if you sweat a lot. Use extra sunscreen for your lips, and wear UVA/UVB sunglasses to protect your eyes (it will also reduce future crow's feet that result from squinting).

For all the ladies:

Don't forget to scrub off the rough elbow and heel skin every day, and use lots of body moisturizer on those areas. Sometimes we focus on just the face and forget the other "rough" areas.

Also, treat your neck and upper chest skin like face skin, not like body skin. If you don't believe me, notice some old ladies' necks. The necks wrinkle worse than the faces. Be especially careful about that "V" shape of tan that you get at the neckline. Maybe it looks good now but it will look like a plucked chicken skin later, if you don't take care of it. :)

I think most chicks look better without make up. lip gloss and nail polish, some eyeliner but anything more i dont see the point.
If a woman does use make up it shouldn't be obvious. The success of make up is when a guy looks at a girl and thinks, "Wow, such natural beauty!" even though she's wearing make up. No one should ever think, "Wow, such nice make up!" That's the wrong goal. People should notice the face, not the make up. That's the right goal.

...Personally, I try to avoid the makeup stuff. It tends to give me a few bruises around the body when the other guys find out and I get called a few rude names as well. They really don't seem to appreciate it all that much on me. Strange, really. So, I'm restricted to wearing the wife's underwear - sigh!
I ain't touchin' that one with a 10-foot pole! :lol:

Here are some sites I can recommend (I don't get a commission, ha, ha):

DHC:
I use several of their products. They are great for getting free samples and discounts. Very natural products. Skin care and make up. I use them mostly for skin care. Prices are reasonable.

DHC Skincare and Makeup: Olive Oil based beauty from Japan

Dermalogica:
Professional grade products, very good. A little goes a long way. Skin care analysis and training available. I like their products but they are very expensive, and usually you have to buy them thru a spa or salon. If you have a spa nearby that offers facials using these products you will enjoy the treat. They focus on skin care, not make up.

dermalogica.com--Dermalogica's official home page

Sephora:

A good source for online shopping. You pretty much have to already know what products you like in order to benefit from this site.

Fragrance, Cosmetics & the Finest Facial Skin Care Product Selection at Sephora.com

Bare Minerals/Escentuals:

A good site for the starter kit. The kit is a good price. Be careful about signing up for the membership "club". If you do sign up though, you can cancel later (that's what I did). If I need more cosmetics from them I can order them. If I want more brushes, I buy them much cheaper on ebay.

i.d. bareMinerals

Bare Escentuals - Natural Cosmetics for the Body and Face

In person:

You can go to upscale department stores to get free facials and/or "make overs". Take advantage of the experience but don't commit yourself to buying all their expensive products. Obviously, they want you to buy their products from their store (usually the women get a commission), and that's reasonable. However, don't feel pressured to buy everything. If you like their products, maybe buy one item to be sure you really, really like it.

Sally's:

I'm listing the website address but I don't recommend their online service. Sally's is a store that you should go to in person. Browsing, holding the products in your hand, testing samples, etc., is a better experience. Some of their products are used by professionals. (Yes, pros use some products that aren't well-known names.) Many of their products are inexpensive but good quality. You just have to look them over carefully. Also, they offer various discounts, so ask. I get a free discount card because I'm retired military. I don't remember what other discounts they offer but it never hurts to ask about senior or student discounts. :) They also have lots of sales and specials. You can also get their free catalog, which includes coupons.

SallyBeauty.com

...but true I had took a colors lips and mascara and make up for one time before.
I dont like that, how I look? It is too much for me *aaaargh* That is why, i will never take some a makeup again.

You look very nice in that golden Asian dress. :)

My mother wears make-ups all the times. When she isn't wearing make-ups, she does not have wrinkles or whatever. She still looks very young for her age.

Maybe all you need is to find the right kind of make-ups that won't cause you to have wrinkles?

what name of make up she use it , does expenvise make up things.

Tammy bakker is too much made up ,and it look don't good on her sighs. she should wear very light like heavy make up ,I dont want to be like her ,Iam glad Iam not tammy bakker LOL WHEW

There are ways of wearing makeup without looking like you're wearing any.. and lipstick should match your face, not your clothes.

I don´t use lipstick to look at my face only but match color of clothes. Example: use light brown/cream, pink or red to match brown clothes... It look horrible on me when I wear brown/cream lipstick to match blue clothes.

You could try the green clay from a health food store or a Spa store.

Interesting... I never see green clay like this. Could you please clarify what it is about. I figure out it´s facial mask, you are talking about. Right? If yes, I use dead sea mask sometimes and mostly homemade facial masks.

Reba and Jillo,

I am not at your age yet but I am starting to notice that the kind of make up that looked good on me in my 20s is starting not to look good on me anymore. I drink lots of water, wash my face, and take vitamins on and off.

Any advice other than sunscreen on my face daily?

I used Oil of Olay but it seems not to be working when it comes to moisterizing my face like before.

I dont have the time nor the money to shop for costly products or take classes about skin care/makeup so any advice?

First thing is go to Beauty shop to test your skin to find out which skin types you have. It cost nothing to test skin types and get advice from Beauty shop then you will know more how to take care of your skin type.

Yes, skin get change when you get older...

To me, use an alcohol-free cleansing milk, toner and moisturizing cream on your face is the best recommendation.

To protect sun - use anti-aging facial sunscreen cream.

:lol: Sunshinelady... Those one picture of you with clown face at Fasching party... Stimmt das? I also, too... I wear minnie (Mickey mouse´s lady Minne)... I put heavy white powder on my face... I will post the picture of me when I found the pictures somewhere in the drawer later.

2nd picture, you look really good on it... :thumb:

You look very nice in that golden Asian dress. :)

Thanks very much!!! I am selling my dress for a long time ago.*thinking* maybe 3yrs ago.. *sigh* Really, I miss still my golden Asian dress. Why did i sell it?..cuz I haven´t put this golden dress often.

Back