No more Relay Operators or CA's !!

Deaftel

Reaction score
If you have an iPhone you can sign up at the Deaftel website and get a free phone number. Then just download the Deaftel app from the Apple App store and you will be able to start making / receiving calls !!

Deaftel doesn't user relay operators or communications assistants like captel. Deaftel uses special software that converts the hearing person's voice into text and then converts the Deaftel user's text response back into voice.

Well, it better be a hell of a lot better than youtube's captioning software. You would not believe how bad that software is.

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Bold )

Deaftel said:
If you have an iPhone you can sign up at the Deaftel website and get a free phone number. Then just download the Deaftel app from the Apple App store and you will be able to start making / receiving calls !!

Deaftel doesn't user relay operators or communications assistants like captel. Deaftel uses special software that converts the hearing person's voice into text and then converts the Deaftel user's text response back into voice.

No thanks - I prefer CA/ROs.

I dont like gambling with the less than accurate voice-to-text software. If I'm calling someone I want to be 100% confident that what I see, is what they actually said.

I see that they have a version for Android coming soon. I just hope it doesn't use the built-in voice recognition, that's barely accurate at all.

Back