No earthly idea where to put this at...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigersharkdude

Reaction score
I had no idea where to put this at..so here goes.

I made this design for a possible decal to go on my license plate or maybe on the rear 3/4 window. What do yall think? Just something that a cop would see if he pulled you over or something that could be seen if you had a wreck

deaf.jpg

i dont drive and i assume you american but i could see problems,first have to ask why is it not done as routine if got hearing problems.. and if you are driving ok should not need it.then you get smart arses who would keep tooting just for crack of it.just as i never see point of notice that say baby abord if driving properly should make no difference...
that just an opinion from someone who knows nothing about driving

It's been discussed before and the point is made it makes it less safe for you as you are informing everyone you can't hear, including the criminals on the road.

There already is an international logo for deafness that's been around for several years.

Attachments

• deaflogo.png
    deaflogo.png
    6.2 KB · Views: 1

I made this design for a possible decal to go on my license plate or maybe on the rear 3/4 window. What do yall think? Just something that a cop would see if he pulled you over or something that could be seen if you had a wreck
You need to check with your DMV. In some states, it's illegal to put anything on the license plate itself.

Delaware has a placard that we keep handy to show an officer when s/he approaches the car. I have mine on my sunvisor within easy reach.

You need to check with your DMV. In some states, it's illegal to put anything on the license plate itself.

Ive had a Dolan duck decal on my license plate for months....never had a problem out of it. As long as it doesnt cover any numbers or county/state stickers you should be fine

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Bold )

tigersharkdude said:

Ive had a Dolan duck decal on my license plate for months....never had a problem out of it. As long as it doesnt cover any numbers or county/state stickers you should be fine

I'd check to be sure - in most states and all Canadian Provinces it's illegal to put anything on the lisense plate that isn't issued by the DMV.

It's a huge fine if you're caught.

The thing is the lisense plate isn't your property (like the car is) - it's the states/provinces property ... They dictate what you can and can't put on or over the plate.

deaf.jpg

I would seriously slap this on my T-shirt LOL!!! and my bedroom door to keep idiots out.

I wouldn't put this sign on any cars that aren't turbocharged or supercharged. People will look at this, zoom by, give you the bird.

They'll not do this if they knew they had to share road with a deaf person that drove a turbocharged car.

I agree -- here in NYS its illegal to cover ANY portion of the license plates. Even the plate frames are illegal but the car dealers keep putting them on to advertise their dealership- but its up to you to remove it to be in compliance.

deaf.jpg

There is NO WAY I would put something like that on my car! When I had my hearing dog with me and he was wearing his jacket , leash and collar that had 'hearing dog' on them some people followed me out of the store , one woman stepped right in front on my dog trying to read his leash. Some people act really crazy when they find out you're hoh and I sure would not want some fool trying to have an accident with me and say it was my fault because I did not hear them . You can keep some paper with your car registration that say you're hoh or deaf and show it to the cop. It could be a letter from your DR.

I wouldn't put this sign on any cars that aren't turbocharged or supercharged. People will look at this, zoom by, give you the bird.

They'll not do this if they knew they had to share road with a deaf person that drove a turbocharged car.

tumblr_m7q3yzombW1r3ycnt.gif

Disabled
hearingimpaired.jpg

Hearing Impaired - This plate is Tennessee residents with a hearing disability registering a private passenger motor vehicle.
The annual fee is $21.50 and the plate can not be personalized.

This plate can not be used in any commercial venture. The plate number assigned in sequence with alpha characters being TTY. An application must be accompanied with a doctor's statement indicating applicant is deaf. A hearing impaired placard, personal to the driver, is also available. This placard is issued by the Vehicle Services Division. One placard is provided free, the second issued for $5.

For office use only: Class Code - 1012

Interesting find.

VERY interesting one, indeed.

was actually searching for official statement regarding your post saying that it's illegal to "decorate" your license plate (which I am pretty sure is illegal in all 50 states) and I came across this.

was actually searching for official statement regarding your post saying that it's illegal to "decorate" your license plate (which I am pretty sure is illegal in all 50 states) and I came across this.

It is illegal, however Ive had no problems with a small sticker inbetween the 2 sets of numbers on my plate

:knocks on wood:

It is illegal, however Ive had no problems with a small sticker inbetween the 2 sets of numbers on my plate

:knocks on wood:

Just to be sure, maybe you can ask a policeman next time you and your car are near one......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back