NO CC FOR DVD: FELIX THE CAT (Collector's Edition) SCAM!

CCfan

Reaction score
BEWARE: IF YOU ARE FELIX FANS, THERE IS NO CLOSED-CAPTIONING
OR SUBTITLED THAT IS FRAUD.

I am very angry with Golden Books/Sony Wonder about that DVD have Q logo of closed-captioning
is designed by National Captioning Institute label on back of the box
with message CLOSED CAPTIONED BY NATIONAL CAPTIONING INSTITUTE.
USED UNDER LICENSE. That is 100% scam!

I have tried all movies with closed-captioning logo is works on my Living
room and my room DVD player except Felix the Cat! Shame on Sony Wonder/Golden Books for providing captioning for these cartoons.

Now... let's not get all carried away and pissed off.

Did you try contacting the company?

Did you get your money back?

Remember, a lot of those DVD cases are made in other countries like China or Mexico. It's nothing to get all upset about and we can't suddenly accuse a company of trying to scam us. If they were intentionally trying to fool us, then you could say it was a scam. But, it was probably an accident.

BEWARE: IF YOU ARE FELIX FANS, THERE IS NO CLOSED-CAPTIONING
OR SUBTITLED THAT IS FRAUD.

I am very angry with Golden Books/Sony Wonder about that DVD have Q logo of closed-captioning
is designed by National Captioning Institute label on back of the box
with message CLOSED CAPTIONED BY NATIONAL CAPTIONING INSTITUTE.
USED UNDER LICENSE. That is 100% scam!

I have tried all movies with closed-captioning logo is works on my Living
room and my room DVD player except Felix the Cat! Shame on Sony Wonder/Golden Books for providing captioning for these cartoons.

does the back of case really said "CC"?

Okay, if you bought this at Wal-Mart... why don't you take it back and explain to them? Maybe they will give you another one? The one you have may have been corrupted.

Remember, a lot of those DVD cases are made in other countries like China or Mexico. It's nothing to get all upset about and we can't suddenly accuse a company of trying to scam us. If they were intentionally trying to fool us, then you could say it was a scam. But, it was probably an accident.

The DVD covers are often designed in the USA or Canada then printed and sent to Mexico or other countries wherever the DVDs are being recorded and sealed.

These foreign movies would have nothing to do with the DVD cover itself.

The DVD covers are often designed in the USA or Canada then printed and sent to Mexico or other countries wherever the DVDs are being recorded and sealed.

These foreign movies would have nothing to do with the DVD cover itself.

There is no label that made by Mexico or other country. I think they did accident putting a logo or with closed-captioned.

I don't mean to be rude or anything, but...weren't Felix cartoons usually silent? There's nothing to caption on a silent movie...

Edit: I checked Wikipedia...
In 1929, Sullivan decided to finally make the transition and began distributing Felix sound cartoons through Copley Pictures. The sound Felix shorts proved to be a failure and the operation ended in 1930 with Sullivan himself passing away in 1933.
Probably there would not be any sound ones on the DVD if they failed so badly.

Seems like a case of mistaken blame to me.

No, however NCI logo from National Captioning Institute that is closed-captioned.

I am sorry for forgetting to say "not" on first post as I post this topic--
"Shame on Sony Wonder/Golden Books for not providing captioning for these cartoons."

I want to show you this box art of the DVD:
Walmart.com: Felix The Cat (Collector's Edition): DVD Store

So, what's about your DVD player, have you look up on the setting to turn enable CC to allow function?

BTW, since it is a silent cartoon, you don't have to return it. You are already able to enjoy it the way it is. :D

BTW, since it is a silent cartoon, you don't have to return it. You are already able to enjoy it the way it is. :D

That's from 1930 or above. This DVD person show is actual from 1950s which is first soundtrack add-in. It speak as normal. Plus bonus from 1920s in silent.

That's from 1930 or above. This DVD person show is actual from 1950s which is first soundtrack add-in. It speak as normal. Plus bonus from 1920s in silent.
My mistake! I did not look at the page on WalMart.com. I figured because it is a collector's edition, it was from the original old short films. :ty:

Well, if anyone wants to enjoy the old ones, THOSE do not need captioning. :lol:

So, what's about your DVD player, have you look up on the setting to turn enable CC to allow function?

No, I don't have CC function from the DVD player, just only on the TV does itself.
My DVD player and my TV works all the times for every movies except
this movie. Ugh, I can't believe that movie is not closed captioned!
(groaning) How's horrible!

No, I don't have CC function from the DVD player, just only on the TV does itself.
My DVD player and my TV works all the times for every movies except
this movie. Ugh, I can't believe that movie is not closed captioned!
(groaning) How's horrible!

Are you use composite video (yellow cable), HDMI or component cable (RGB cable) or SVHS for DVD player to your television?

Are you use composite video (yellow cable), HDMI or component cable (RGB cable) or SVHS for DVD player to your television?

I use composite video for my living room use CC works all the time,
but Felix the cat 1959 cartoons are not closed-captioned. :(

Why don't you go back to the store and get it exchanged, maybe yours was a defective one. It CAN happen!

Back