No Bars !

CutePommie

Reaction score
Thought sharing this to here ...

Friday 19 May - Deaf flautist special part 1
Music has no Bars’ is the title of Part 1 of two specials that kick off tomorrow on See Hear - 20 May, 12 noon.

In the programme we follow the story of Ruth Montgomery, a profoundly deaf, 25 year old flute player as she travels to Russia for two major solo performances with the St Petersburg Philharmonic Orchestra showing the highs and lows she experiences.

We also touch on Ruth's earlier life experience, showing her determined fight to overcome the musical establishment in her desire to achieve a degree in music.

Watch a video clip from the programme.

• Posted by Terry

http://www.bbc.co.uk/seehear/latest/index.shtml#ruth1

Wow! :applause:

I can understand that there are deaf musicians, but I've seen a wide variety of weird facial expressions when I've told other hearing people about this... :ugh:

Described as Esquisite...Deservedly so!

I saw Ruth in action tonight (‘See Hear’ program (BBC1 18th April, 2007) and was thoroughly impressed by her performance, deafness or no deafness.

I dont listen to alot of classical music but she was marvelous, even the non-hearing impaired pro flute players were amazed.

and yes 'coloravalanche'...she is very beautiful with a smile to match.
All that talent and only 27 as well

It's commendable that she is passing on her flare and passion for the flute to other children.

I wish her all the best :applause:
:)

p.s. Oh and Hi to all on 'alldeaf.com'

Last edited:
Back