No analog hearing aid wearers?

I can hear someone talking in my right ear.. It is my better ear. My left ear I can't make anything out but I know someone is talking. My range is in the 80-90 on the audiogram. That is what my audi tells me I am profound.

that's weird! for me, I would still hear in the 80'-90's area if it's in the high tone. (I'm back to the 60-70 area btw)

yup- that's severe level...maybe severe to profound if you want to be really specific.

I can hear nothing without my 'ears' with the exception of a few things- I can hear high pitched barking if the dog is sitting in front of me or near me- that range is actually the 'best' lol- about 95 db maybe? Hmm I don't know about now as I've not been around dogs that much without my 'ears' in. I'll have to test it with my auntie's doggies (Smaller doggies tend to have high pitched barks).

Definitely true on the digital aids- it's never enough and I STILL can't get the right balance with the ones I have now. Took me years to get comfortable with the Sumos... I've also heard that many can't or don't want to go back to analog; would like to test that theory out.

My audi says.. it all depends on where you hear things on the audiogram and it also includes bone conductions and other testing. I looked at three of my really old ones from 83 ( it was apparent that I was hearing pretty bad but I had to have tubes put in) it got better and in 91 it was better and i upgraded from a 675 battery hearing aid which I don't remember what I had to 13's which was my very first pair from Champus that I acquired through my husbands service and then in 96. I saw a tiny change nothing drastic that would of required an upgrade in my hearing aids. I have stayed in Rextons for over 25 years. However, what I am getting now is that the settings on the aids are not fitted to my hearing loss. I believe I am in the severe to profound stage.. not profound all together because my left sucks more than my right even today and always has.
:|

that's weird! for me, I would still hear in the 80'-90's area if it's in the high tone. (I'm back to the 60-70 area btw)

I don't know yet what exactly I hear best but after today.. he kept telling me one thing.. the settings on what you like is not what you should be hearing. I keep all the highs in mine and hardly any bass. He said mine Highs are so high that it actually hurts his. Now, I have got to figure out a way to adjust to this crap.. ( sorry ) I want more room on my analog wheel volume. He says that its okay to be on maxed out but he won't give me any more power.grrrr~! I think he is trying to train my brain to not need so much power. My old analogs I could set them on 2 for my left and on three on my right .. leave room for when the battery starts to die or just for the sake of needing volume in certain environments. he keeps reminding me that all of this takes time and that even if I did put my old analogs in that I would not like the settings and I would be asking for more power even then.. :hmm:.. I am ready to crawl in hole and stay there. I go back on Monday to " try " a hard mold. I have loved my semi soft molds. sigh..

I don't know yet what exactly I hear best but after today.. he kept telling me one thing.. the settings on what you like is not what you should be hearing. I keep all the highs in mine and hardly any bass. He said mine Highs are so high that it actually hurts his. Now, I have got to figure out a way to adjust to this crap.. ( sorry ) I want more room on my analog wheel volume. He says that its okay to be on maxed out but he won't give me any more power.grrrr~! I think he is trying to train my brain to not need so much power. My old analogs I could set them on 2 for my left and on three on my right .. leave room for when the battery starts to die or just for the sake of needing volume in certain environments. he keeps reminding me that all of this takes time and that even if I did put my old analogs in that I would not like the settings and I would be asking for more power even then.. :hmm:.. I am ready to crawl in hole and stay there. I go back on Monday to " try " a hard mold. I have loved my semi soft molds. sigh..

hmmmmm ever considered having a volume switch? (mine has that option)

That's what she means by them being on 2 and 3, that's the volume level

Agghhh.. I am going to have to be more clear when I type.~!~ thanks.. I should have put the "volume wheel".. that would of helped and.. recheck what I am going to say before I hit submit reply.

dude, that's what my old pair always been on.

Yeah.. My left ear is my weak ear and I always leave it on 2 on the volume wheel. My right is my better ear and I like it up on 3 on the volume wheel.
However, I just got back from my audi today. I basically told him that he needs to set it to where I am comfortable. I don't' care about what the audiograms says.. everyone is different and given that I have been taught things, I don't want to rely on the battery beep to tell me it's gonna die. I love having a little room on the volume wheel for extreme settings where I really just need a tad of oomph. I told him also today that he keeps telling me that these are more powerful than the old ones and that I agree.. maybe out put on these are to much and that is why I am having so much trouble adjusting. Hallelujah~! I am getting so much closer to where I was.. :dance2:

well, I am a little closer to my happy medium with these. I still have my old ones and sent of another pair to be fixed for the time being. My audi tried to get me to use a hard mold.I told him that I haven't had one in a while.. last pair made my ears itchy and that was bout the time I was ready to have my first baby. My audi in Okinawa made me a semi soft and that was golden since I slept with one in every night til this past year. I will be going back on Monday to get him to make soft ear molds again.

That's unusual that you sleep with them in. Most of us don't. Doesn't that hurt your ears by morning? Do you do it because of the baby? If so, then get a light or vibrating baby monitor. Just a suggestion.

That's unusual that you sleep with them in. Most of us don't. Doesn't that hurt your ears by morning? Do you do it because of the baby? If so, then get a light or vibrating baby monitor. Just a suggestion.

Oh.. I meant that I have always worn at least one aid during the night when I had my babies. They are 19, 17, 15, now. I usually wore one during the night when the kids were little. My mold was a soft one and I usually sleep on the ear that did not have the aid in, which worked out for the best. I stopped wearing the aid about 3 yrs ago, it takes some getting used to since I knew all the noises of the night.
I didn't know about any of these options when the kids were little. I think everything I did was on instincts.

Oh.. I meant that I have always worn at least one aid during the night when I had my babies. They are 19, 17, 15, now. I usually wore one during the night when the kids were little. My mold was a soft one and I usually sleep on the ear that did not have the aid in, which worked out for the best. I stopped wearing the aid about 3 yrs ago, it takes some getting used to since I knew all the noises of the night.
I didn't know about any of these options when the kids were little. I think everything I did was on instincts.

Gotcha. Your kids being 19, 17, and 15 now makes me unsure if they had the vibrating ones that far back. Maybe others here know. But I think they had the light ones. But if you didn't know then I understand. If you are interested in finding products now for other things, check out deaf products or deaf alerts on google. Harris Communications has a huge catalog.

Back